Garmon 450T - Manual waypoint entry?

Sandman

I just bought one and I want to enter waypoints (from my old GPS) by entering the Lat/Long. Any 450 users know how to do this?
Thanks

If it's like the Garmin Legend HCx I just bought a couple weeks ago to replace my old one, try this. Just turn it on and let it get the coordinate where you are standing. Click on the "Mark" and it will come up and show a number for that waypoint. Highlight the number and a box will come up to change it to whatever you want to name it. Then scroll down to the latitude coordinate and highlight it and the box will come up again to change the numbers. Just scroll through and change them to what you want. Then highlight the longitude line and do the same thing to change the numbers to what you want. When you're done with both lines you'll probably have to hit an okay button and then go down to the bottom and hit another okay or possibly a save button. The Garmin manual I got with mine leaves a lot to be desired, but if you have used a GPS before you should be able to figure it out like I did because it should either be like I just explained or very similar.

I have Garmin Topo 2008 and the Rhino 120 so I just put them in my computer and upload them to the gps. When I am out in the field I can make any waypoints and then download them to the computer. The Topo software is worth it if you have the capability to use it.

I was going to see if I could do it manually in the Rhino but the batteries are dead after the Oct. elk hunt and the kids took all my new batteries.

The easiest way is to use Garmin's Trip and Waypoint manager software and save the waypoints from your old GPS to your computer then transfer them to your new GPS. (similar to what Red Sparky is saying)

You can download Garmin's BaseCamp software for Free on Garmin's website.

Last edited:
I never do anything the easy way, LOL! Maybe I'll get all that stuff figured out one of these days. I did load the Mapsource disc into my Dell PC with no problem and just need to start figuring out everything I can do with it. After the holidays I'll be buying the Wyoming microSD chip from you and I plan on using that in conjunction with the DeLorme North America Topo 9.0 DVD I bought last summer that is supposed to be compatible with the Garmin GPS!

New batteries and the Rhino will also do it manually. Pulled out my map from elk hunting and found the long/lat for a place about a mile from camp. Put it in the gps and it worked. The best thing about the software is if anybody comes to hunt with me in about 30 seconds I will have all my waypoints and anything else on their gps. It took me two years to decide to buy the software and I sure wish I had done it sooner.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.