Gaiters

I have a pair of Kuiu gaiters I wore in Colorado last year for a week and loved them. However, per the question of the OP. I'm from Texas and I think rattle snakes and thorn brush in South Texas would tear them up in a hurry. I save mine for the mountains where they were designed for.

Nothing mentioned in this thread I would consider for snake protection
James

You mentioned you need a quiet gaiter.
The kennetrek camo version is fairly quiet, has a micro fleece exterior. They are a decent gaiter. Last ok, do the job.
The OR gaiter is super durable and is the most popular gaiter out there and for good reason. BUT! It's one of the noisiest ones also. But that's what helps shed everything is a slick, stiffer fabric.
My favorite SO FAR is the kuiu Yukon. The XL is almost too large on my very fat calves, I was surprised they were so big.
Good compromise of noise and shedding moisture , durability etc. All gaiters SUCK in hot weather tho. I only use in wet morning grass, snow, rain etc. Never in hot dry weather.
I plan to try the lower, lighter kuiu screes for warmer weather and keeping all the brush n chit out of my trail runners when bushwhacking etc.
So look into the scree for that type use.
So the stone glacers sound like one for me to try next.

I've had the same pair of Cabela's Gore-Tex camo gaiters for the past 20 years. I've used them for both hunting and back country skiing and only had to replace the underfoot cords.

And those Taslan shoelace cords are now coated with Shoe Goo to increase their resistance to abrasion. Works very well.

Eric B.

Great minds think alike, mine have seen a many years in the turkey woods and getting ready for deer season making sure stands are secure, etc. Fortunately, I have never had to find out if they worked or not.

You mentioned you need a quiet gaiter.
The kennetrek camo version is fairly quiet, has a micro fleece exterior. They are a decent gaiter. Last ok, do the job.
The OR gaiter is super durable and is the most popular gaiter out there and for good reason. BUT! It's one of the noisiest ones also. But that's what helps shed everything is a slick, stiffer fabric.
My favorite SO FAR is the kuiu Yukon. The XL is almost too large on my very fat calves, I was surprised they were so big.
Good compromise of noise and shedding moisture , durability etc. All gaiters SUCK in hot weather tho. I only use in wet morning grass, snow, rain etc. Never in hot dry weather.
I plan to try the lower, lighter kuiu screes for warmer weather and keeping all the brush n chit out of my trail runners when bushwhacking etc.
So look into the scree for that type use.
So the stone glacers sound like one for me to try next.
Winter time as in -5 to 15 degrees what kind of boots and outer clothing do you wear foot hunting. Hike in a mile or two to get started. Hike a half mile glass for an hour or two. Find a good spot may sit for several hours.

I've never used gaiters but considered getting some. Are they worth it?
Yes,
You won't go back
I've never used them for snakes, yet🤭
But for hard brush and snow it's awesome.
I wore them out but used to have a pair that were light canvas inside and fleece outside, they were camo yard sale scores. I liked them for bow hunting and early rifle, used them shed hunting too
Good socks, good boots, good gaiters = GOOD MEDICINE

Winter time as in -5 to 15 degrees what kind of boots and outer clothing do you wear foot hunting. Hike in a mile or two to get started. Hike a half mile glass for an hour or two. Find a good spot may sit for several hours.
That kind of day will find me with kuiu 97 base layer under kuiu attack or guide pants. Guides are warmer but I find legs aren't too fussy about cold when active.
Top, synthetic tee shirt, merino long sleeve, Sitka fanatic hoodie, for hiking, adjust as needed. Sometimes a softshell or kuiu ultralight a rain jacket if a little wind and snow is flying .
In my pack is a Sitka Kelvin WS puffy,it's no -joke type warmth, and skre ptarmigan puffy pants. I always just wear Crispi Nevadas ,uninsulated and bring a spare pair or two of fresh merino socks.
And my snow board mittens. Beanie. Ball cap. I love hoods so I use them as needed.
Just ordered a merino fish net top from sarmi in Finland. Don't laugh🤣. Supposed to be super warm for the weight but mostly move moisture like nothing else. Can't wait to try it on some training hike disguised as shed hunting!

Don't laugh
Ya right
I was doing fine till I read the Fish Net part

Instantly pictured the village people version of a hunter
Thing I can't unimaginable🤠

Just ordered a merino fish net top from sarmi in Finland. Don't laugh🤣
Thanks bro....you do you but you won't do me!! Hahaha.

You let me know what I needed. Well maybe just a tip too much.

My suck a butt sell out Rinella are too small around my boot and winter pant legs. The OR gators are also. Looks like Kuiu will get some of my cash.

Will be selling my sell outs shortly.

Don't overlook the utility of the super light windshirt. Got one ordered. Kuiu are sorta snug if you don't get.large enough. I don't like pants tight on the thigh n butt. Get cold and long johns don't work as well.
Also, check out gulch gear. Totally US made and sourced and surprisingly good prices. Forloh is also all US made,based near me in White fish ,MT but they are spendy. Very high end tho.
I haven't tried gulch yet but emailed the owner about a.good grid fleece hoody. Sounds like they are in the works. Solid colors too. He responded quickly.

Thanks bro....you do you but you won't do me!! Hahaha.

You let me know what I needed. Well maybe just a tip too much.

My suck a butt sell out Rinella are too small around my boot and winter pant legs. The OR gators are also. Looks like Kuiu will get some of my cash.

Will be selling my sell outs shortly.
Dont that burn ya that all the rifles that's got sold helped to contribute to the leftest ever side.

"To much time alone in the woods with other men and cameras" …. Next on Hiraldo

Dont that burn ya that all the rifles that's got sold helped to contribute to the leftest ever side.

"To much time alone in the woods with other men and cameras" …. Next on Hiraldo
What burns me even more my dumb *** purchased an absolute full wardrobe just in 2019. From socks to the ***'s warmest bibs and coat.
Now I can't afford to sell it and buy new so I'm a pathetic butt sucker with his clothes. All I could do was magic marker all of the orange logo and names out.
Well I almost alwaymention he pimped himself out to Chernin when I see someone wearing his gear for 100 million so far.
Lesson learned.

That's what ya get for what chin his crap on Netflix and bingin out. Lmao

And you will still have that stuff after the rummage sale so get over it

I gotta ask, did ya get the tattoo too?