Gaiters

J.G.W

I need a new pair of gaiters and have been looking at KUIU, do any of you guys have any experience with them? Hunting mostly in the northern half of Australia I'm not worried about snow, more snakes and tough brush/sticks. My biggest concern that I have noticed in the past is the noise some gaiters make when brushing against undergrowth and the "swishing" noise they can make when rubbing together. As a hunting guide this drives me insane at times, especially when the client doesn't seem to notice/care. Any thoughts?

Litehiker

I've had the same pair of Cabela's Gore-Tex camo gaiters for the past 20 years. I've used them for both hunting and back country skiing and only had to replace the underfoot cords.

And those Taslan shoelace cords are now coated with Shoe Goo to increase their resistance to abrasion. Works very well.

Eric B.

just country

morning, if u r not worried poisionous snakes, take
lots of toilet paper to clean pants. joke gbot tum
take nitro for heart stoppage. laugh laugh!!

Mike 338

I have a pair of Sitka. Nice and tough but ridiculously difficult to get on and off. I almost hate them although once on, they work great.

Lpart

I haven't had any issues. I am not a bow hunter so am not as sensitive that as some. Noticeably softer and quieter than the Kenetrek's I had.

Beardeddeer91

I have the first lite and OR croc gaiters and both work well. I prefer the first lites personally, the just seem to fit better. Kuiu for what I’ve heard are a great choice.

Varmint Hunter

I've got a pair of KUIU gaitors. I used them on a Utah mountain lion hunt. They were great in the snow. Haven't needed them after that one hunt. If you might be interested, drop me a PM.