G7 BR2 and mil rad

scantling

Anyone using the G7 BR2 and converting to Mil Rad? Would like to try one but unsure of conversion accuracy.

Be real nice if it was offered as a Mil-format as well as moa.. I do agree. But--

Since they don't have a mil-version, the way I've come to compensate is through a Ballistic yardage turret. If a guy shoots drops for your rifle as far as one-rev will take you, have either a turret made to match it based on those exact environmental conditions (if your particular scope maker has that option, via factory or Kenton-Ind) OR have a wrap made to match those drops and put "it" on your existing turret...

..once you've got one of those, use your G7 in BDC mode and it'll correct drops for you (in shoot-to yards) rather than having to convert to mil. Only catch becomes the windage. But for elevation/yardage correction, the BDC mode is the only way to easily use the G7 on a MIL based scope. Sadly.

I use it that-way on a mil/mil Hensoldt. Been so for nearly 3-years now via-turret wrap* It does work.

Talked to the boys at Gunwerks, they said a mil format is being discussed. Nothing set at this point. Said to call back in 30 days which is now about 2 weeks. Thought I would try and wait but unsure. Not real interested in Ballistic turret but might be solution. Thanks for your input.

On mine I left the mil-scale exposed so I can still utilize the turret/rifle by use of a kestrel if switching ammo for example.. also use it to collect data per range trip far as drop differences because of environmental change, those big etched numbers are easier to see at a glance... helps to make a quick adjustment if a splash is seen click or two off your aiming point.. things like that. As said in previous post, wrap just allows the use of BR2 with it (for that certain load) Saved messin' around. This was my-way of making use of it on a MIL scope.

image.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.