G7-BR2 issues.

kdumph

So I know this has to be some kind of user error here on my part, but I can not get this thing to work right for me.

Rifle is a SMR 338 Lapua.

I got some great groups our of her at 200 yards today and decided to set my zero stop on the NXS 5.5-22x50.

After this I pushed back to 400 yards and used the G7-BR2 to get my ballistic solution. I have it set in MOA mode so it gave me a reading of 20.4 I believe. From my understanding this would be 20 inches and almost a half correct? Each click on the scope is .25 so 4 clicks per inch right? That means about 80 clicks correct(didn't make sense in my head at the time)? So I dial this in and my shot is way high and off the paper. It doesn't make sense to me so I zero out the scope and simply do 20 clicks and this puts me pretty close to my point of aim lightbulb. Or at least I thought this was the solution....

Moving on to 720 yards the G7 gives me a solution of 96.4 moa. Ok great so I spin the dial up 96 clicks and pull the trigger. Bullet is extremely high. At this point I'm thoroughly confused and call it a day.

Here is my data on the G7
zero range: 200 Yards
sight height: 2.0 In
ave muz velc 2682fps
bul coef .419
drag std 67 or G7
drop units moa

What am I missing here, should have the unit set in inches or BDC maybe?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that it is giving you the click adjustments...20 divide by 4 = 5 moa.

I havn't checked my program, so this is just a trouble shooting shot in the dark.

Tod

+ 1 for GunWerks customer service.

Called me back within the hour and was able to figure out the issue. When you put in the bullet coef make sure there is a number after the ".". I had mine set up for .0419 when it should of been .4190.

+ 1 for GunWerks customer service.

Called me back within the hour and was able to figure out the issue. When you put in the bullet coef make sure there is a number after the ".". I had mine set up for .0419 when it should of been .4190.

Yep...that would do it.....garbage in....garbage out!!

I've used mine a bunch and had accurate solutions out to the 1400 yard limit of the unit. I have also tweaked my data by small increments to fine tune my solutions.

Yes the Gunwerks guys are really good. You had me stumped until you typed the problem... the bad ballistic coefficient would do it. Glad you got it figured out.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.