furbearer hunting with dogs?

Banshee

I'm trying to start up hunting with my dogs here in Idaho, but I havent been here too long and I am unfamiliar with the laws or how this would work. Most furbearer hunters here seem to scope or trap, whereas I would like to utilize my terriers to locate, flush out and being terriers they will catch and kill what they can.

I'm looking at hunting badger, coons, rabbit etc. Does anyone have any insight?

I'm trying to start up hunting with my dogs here in Idaho, but I havent been here too long and I am unfamiliar with the laws or how this would work. Most furbearer hunters here seem to scope or trap, whereas I would like to utilize my terriers to locate, flush out and being terriers they will catch and kill what they can.

I'm looking at hunting badger, coons, rabbit etc. Does anyone have any insight?

Welcome to LRH and enjoy it! Have you contacted ID FWP directly? They are your direct source and authority (esp. in the law enforcement aspect) of the information you seek. "I" would NOT want it second hand, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Hounds running where they aren't wanted has caused a lot of ill will in my area. An ECO told me it is a major source of complaints. I have a neighbor who confronted one of the local coyote hunters when he caught him releasing his hounds on a fresh track right next to a posted sign. The hunter actually got belligerent. He and his crew seem to have an attitude that dogs don't/can't trespass, only people can.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts