furbearer hunting with dogs?

Banshee

I'm trying to start up hunting with my dogs here in Idaho, but I havent been here too long and I am unfamiliar with the laws or how this would work. Most furbearer hunters here seem to scope or trap, whereas I would like to utilize my terriers to locate, flush out and being terriers they will catch and kill what they can.

I'm looking at hunting badger, coons, rabbit etc. Does anyone have any insight?

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
I'm trying to start up hunting with my dogs here in Idaho, but I havent been here too long and I am unfamiliar with the laws or how this would work. Most furbearer hunters here seem to scope or trap, whereas I would like to utilize my terriers to locate, flush out and being terriers they will catch and kill what they can.

I'm looking at hunting badger, coons, rabbit etc. Does anyone have any insight?
Welcome to LRH and enjoy it! Have you contacted ID FWP directly? They are your direct source and authority (esp. in the law enforcement aspect) of the information you seek. "I" would NOT want it second hand, but that's just me.

Last edited:

Sengoku

Hounds running where they aren't wanted has caused a lot of ill will in my area. An ECO told me it is a major source of complaints. I have a neighbor who confronted one of the local coyote hunters when he caught him releasing his hounds on a fresh track right next to a posted sign. The hunter actually got belligerent. He and his crew seem to have an attitude that dogs don't/can't trespass, only people can.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce