Full moon should I ignore it ?

It has been my experience that the darker the night the better the hunting. I think that the probablitlity of a pred seeing you in the full moon is high.

A person would think that a coyote would be easy to see on a full moon night.

I tried it even with snow on the ground, and they didn't show up very well at all.

It's definately easier for them to see us on those nights though....for sure.

I was told that on a full moon night they do there hunting at night a sleep in next morning. but on black nights they sleep and do there hunting in the morning ? Does that sound logical ?

I was told that on a full moon night they do there hunting at night a sleep in next morning. but on black nights they sleep and do there hunting in the morning ? Does that sound logical ?

I believe there to be some truth in that. In addition, some days are better in afternoon/evening, and others are better in morning.....due to moon phase supposedly.

Personally, I believe that weather and prey movement has more of an impact on good times to hunt coyotes than moon does. I don't necessarily have any real concrete proof of that though.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts