SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Weatherby Sub-MOA Vanguard in 300 Wby Magnum

Dr. Vette

FS: Weatherby Sub-MOA Vanguard in 300 Wby Magnum $550

For sale is a relatively new Weatherby Sub-MOA Vanguard chambered in 300 Weatherby Magnum. The rifle was purchased last fall by the original owner and then sold to me because he wanted a pretty wood stock instead. As you know the Sub-MOA rifles are identified by Weatherby as being the more accurate Vanguards, and then treated to pillar bedded Bell & Carlson stocks and specially marked floorplates signifying their Sub-MOA status.

The rifle was shot very little and only has a couple of boxes of ammunition through it. The metal is in very good shape with the only issues being a small reddish dot in the last 0 of the "300 WBY MAG" on the barrel which I have not tried to remove and a few hairline scratches on the opposite side of the barrel. I removed some of these scratches with Flitz and will probably remove the rest. I only mention these two minor issues not because they are notable but because I want the next owner to know about them. The barrel of this rifle is 24 inches long.

The worst part of this rifle is the stock. The previous owner had a local (to him ) "gunsmith" attempt to bed the rifle in the stock, twice. Unfortunately the gunsmith had no clue what he was doing and made a mess of the original stock, especially the inside of it. There are a couple of scratches on the outside too. Overall it's a shame what he did to a new rifle stock. See pictures for specifics. Unfortunately I knew nothing about any of this when I purchased the rifle and want to be completely honest in my sale. My loss is your gain.

I recently purchased 2 other rifles so will be selling this one. It is a perfect donor candidate for a full length bedded Bell & Carlson stock or a tactical Bell & Carlson stock if you wished to build such a rifle, or you could mount it in a thumbhole sporter style stock. If you are good at bedding you can even try your hand with the original stock since you can't hurt it. :)

I am asking $600 -> now $550 shipped to your door for this rifle and will entertain offers. New Sub-MOAs are $750+ street price and this is a significant discount due to the stock. As I mentioned it is probably the least expensive you will find one as a donor for a long range build.

Please PM me with any questions or comments. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dr. Vette

Price Drop!

$575 shipped to your FFL -> now $550 on Monday April 12.

This one has got to go.

Last edited:

Dr. Vette

This almost new rifle is still available at a great price - $550 shipped to your FFL. Consider it as a barrelled Sub-MOA action with a stock holding it together for shipping purposes. :D

For this price you can buy a Laminate Thumbhole Sporter, or a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock of your color choice, and have no more invested (and possibly less) than what this rifle would sell for brand ($750 or more).

Here is the Bell & Carlson color chart if you want to dream:

Dr. Vette

A few "tire kickers" so far but no buyers.

I thought that at this price it would have been out the door already.

Dr. Vette

Still very much available.

Build a nice long range rifle with the stock you want or have some fun learning to bed a rifle.

Dr. Vette

Hi,
What is the serial number of the rifle.
Thanks
Visible in the last picture of the first post if you are interested - and copied below. Click on picture to enlarge it.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited: