• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Fs:vanguard barreled action

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Stacy is shouting or left his caps lock on..

They are not quite the same. The forging starts the same. The lug and action screws are the same as well as the profile that contacts the stock but ...

There are quite a few machining differences. Saying they are the same is like saying a Stiller Predator is the same as a Remington 700 because they will fit in the same stock.

You can not randomly swap parts between a Vanguard and a Howa 1500. If you could I wouldn't be disagreeing with Stacy.

I am not trying to stir up anything, I am checking around to see what is available for a build, stock, mounts etc. Also metric treading, There is things out there for HOWA 1500 and Vanguard did not know the difference is all. Thanks.

I am not trying to stir up anything, I am checking around to see what is available for a build, stock, mounts etc. Also metric treading, There is things out there for HOWA 1500 and Vanguard did not know the difference is all. Thanks.
Stocks are available from a variety of sources.
Pac-Nor and other makers will pre-fit barrels for smiths that don't want to do metric threads as well as chamber and headspace.
Egw makes scope rails

Status
Not open for further replies.