• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Sako Finnbear L61R 7MM Mag- Bofors Pre-Garcia

BigSky!

For Sale: Sako L61R Finnbear 7mm Mag. This rifle is a tack driver and is in very good shape. It is bedded in a McMillan stock and has a Timney trigger. This is a pre-Garcia model with the barrel marked "Bofors Steel". As best I can tell this rifle was manufactured in 1962 or 1963 with a serial number of 23347. I have included three pictures that show what I deem to be the three or the four deficiencies of the rifle. These three pictures are at the end. There is a spot on the cheekpiece of the stock where the finish has been worn away and one smaller one under the grip. There is a small spot in front of the stock, underneath the barrel where the bluing has been scraped off. Finally, inside the stock, the screw on the Timney trigger has broken away a very small piece of the stock material. This piece can't be seen when assembled and has zero affect on the structural integrity of the stock. Other than a few other very minor nicks, it is in great shape for a 50+ year old rifle. As for round count, I don't know. I am the third owner. I have fired it 43 times. According to owner number two, he owned it for 5 or 6 years and never put more than 50 rounds through it. According to him, owner number one was the original owner and was one of those guys who sighted it in at the beginning of the year, shot his deer and his elk and then put it away until the following year if he decided to use it that year. I need $750 shipped and insured for the rifle without the scope, bases and rings in the pictures.