• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS. S&W 460 Smith

i have the performance center model of this. it really is a nice weapon. someone should be picking this up.

Mr. Swift, could you describe what the recoil is like on the .460 compensated vs. a 3 in. 629 in .44 mag.? I sold both of my .44's because I didn't like the recoil, but am wondering if the compensator makes enough of a difference that I should consider the .460. Thanks in advance.

I know you didnt ask me but I can answer this. I used to have the same exact gun...and miss it. its a very large frame gun so that helps with recoil. The 460 if loaded heave with heavy bullets packs a punch still..factory load with the light xtp bullets arent bad. and 45 LC in them are like shooting a 38. you can barely tell you are shooting a 45. 454 casull arent bad either. They are pretty easy to shoot.

Hey, thanks Mike, just the info I was looking for. Gonna hit this weekend's gun show here in town first. There has been a .460 at the las few shows that I've been eyeing. If
it's still there, it will be easier to get than shipping one in.

if the performance center pistol wasn't so heavy you could easily shoot it with one hand. with the shorter barrel of the pistol listed I cannot believe it would be much different. I have 2 custom loads that I shoot in it that are a bit heavy but they are also 425gr and 475gr loads