• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS - Rem700 VLS 308 + extras

Tex_Hunter

Hi All,

I'm finally parting with a long time favorite of mine, I got it as part of a trade 4 years ago and it shot well so I kept it, but other projects and financial pressures are pushing me to sell it now.

Details (TL/DR summary here, full novel further down):

- Remington 700 VLS **NOT an X-mark trigger** The stamp on the barrel indicates it is of 2001 manufacture if that matters, it has a J-lock firing pin shroud.
- Cal. 308 Win
- 26" 1:12 twist barrel
- Vortex HS LR 4-16x50 ffp XLR MOA (currently mounted, included for the right price)

Asking: $1300 for everything rifle, scope, Redding die set ($125 value alone), 2x fired brass (bumped shoulder .001, already trimmed, prepped, ready to load).

DM for pictures (until I can post them tonight).

NO TRADES (I need cash), willing to deal face to face locally (Austin) with valid/current Texas CHL/LTC only **no exceptions** all other transactions go through FFL (duh).

Condition:

Gun is completely stock as it shipped from the factory, the only thing I did to it upon taking possession was sand down the pressure pad in the barrel channel to free float the barrel.

Like noted in the intro, I got it used, so no idea on exact round count, but I have probably put about 300-400rds through it mixed factory ammo and handloads.

It does NOT have an X-mark trigger, it does unfortunately have a J-lock bolt shroud though.

Finish is excellent; the stock I would say is 95-98% perfect, it has a couple dings that you have to really look for to see, the blueing on the receiver/barrel is 90-95% condition, the jeweling on the bolt had a little bit of oxidation that never really fully buffed out.

Accuracy:

Shoots Nosler 165gr ballistic tip factory ammo .75-1MOA

I have worked up two hand loads for it that have shot at or below .5MOA:

One is a 165gr Ballistic tip over Varget in 1x fired Nosler brass that replicates the factory Nosler Trophy Grade loading, chronoed an average of 2815fps, groups between .5-.7MOA depending on how I am shooting on a given day. Kills whitetail DRT any range I have tried it at out to 400yds.

The other is a 185gr Berger Juggernaut over Alliant Pro2000MR in virgin Lapua brass that clocked an average velocity of 2650fps and printed groups of .215MOA during inital load dev. I haven't gotten a chance to fine tune this load although it doesn't really need it.

Specific recipe for each load provided to the buyer.

As noted in the summary, I will throw in the 2x fired Nosler brass and the FL sizing die that I have set up to bump the shoulder .002 for this specific rifle. I have other 30cals I load for so I probably am not interested in giving tons of bullets away, but I'll throw in anything that is already open (probably 20 or so 165gr BTs and 15-20 Bergers). If the deal is local I can also throw in the 5 remaining loaded rounds of the 165gr load above as well as a ~1/2 of Varget and 1/4lb of Pro 2000 that I have leftover.

**POSTING PICS TONIGHT if you need em before that DM me**