• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS APS 338 Allen Mag Package

jedlowe

I have for sale a 338 Allen Magnum rifle built by Kirby Allen of Allen Precision Shooting. It comes with the following specs.

Allen Precision Shooting 338 Allen Magnum

--BAT Model M 1.55" x 8.5" Single-Shot Receiver Right handed
--BAT 0 MOA picatinney rail
--Lilja .338, 1-10 Twist, Allen32 Contour Heavy Barrel
--APS large 5 port muzzle brake
--XLR Industries Chassis with Tactical Butt Stock
--Huber Concepts 2 Stage trigger with bottom safety and 2.0 lb. trigger pull
--Near Manufacturing 3-Ring Alphamount for 30mm scope, 40 MOA of cant, 1.325" height
--All metal Melonite coated flat black
--338 Allen Mag reloading die set (Hornady Custom FL Die, Forster Ultra BR Seating Die)
--50 Pieces of new, headstamped, formed 338 Allen Mag brass
--30 pieces of twice-fired headstamped 338 Allen Mag brass
--Custom soft case (Here's the link to the soft case. Long Rifle Case, 338 Lapua, F-class, soft rifle case tactical case)
--Cabelas Bulletproof Aluminium Case
--RCBS Case trimmer for Cheytac sized cases
--6 lbs of Hodgdon H50BMG powder for face-to-face pickup only

This rifle has 100 rounds down the tube. I first shot this rifle with 20 pieces of brass, but ran into loose primer pockets after the second firing. I determined that my batch of H50BMG was a little hot. I adjusted the load accordingly, and have not had a problem since.

This is easily the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. With the 300 grain Berger bullets, I have shot 1/2" groups with this rifle at 300 yards! It maintains that same degree of accuracy out to very distant targets. I have put bullets on an 18" plate at 3000 yards with this rifle. It is the ultimate long range hunting rig!

The XLR Industries chassis is fully adjustable, and is by far the most stable, comfortable stock I have had the pleasure to use. The Huber Concepts 2-stage trigger is the best trigger available in my opinion and offers unparalleled control. I believe it much superior to a Jewell.

The Near Manufacturing 3-Ring Alphamount is a very secure mount and is the perfect height and cant for this rifle. You will not experience any scope slipping with this mount even with the 338 Allen Mag.

Basically, all you need to do is add a scope, load up some ammo, and be ready for the ultimate long range shooting set up!

It will be very sad to see this one go as it has stretched what I formerly thought was possible with long range shooting. However, it's time to let someone else enjoy it.

I will sell the whole package listed above for $5600 shipped.

25gb7u9.jpg

wciq7k.jpg

513b60.jpg

346kpba.jpg

2qd4eau.jpg

Nice! Just curious what is the weight with bi-pod and rings.

I will have to weigh it up, but I would guess the rifle, bipod and rings weighs about 15 lbs.

Also, as an update, I just checked, and this rifle will not fit in the Cabelas Bulletproof Aluminum case originally listed in the ad. Therefore, the Cabelas Bulletproof case will NOT be included in the sale.

I have had a lot of interest, but as of now, this rifle package is still available.