• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS 28 Nosler by Short Action Custom**Off the market**

jedlowe

I have a never-fired 28 Nosler rifle for sale built by Short Action Customs. I built this rifle for an elk hunt that ended up falling through, and I probably won't be using it in the next few years, so it is going up for sale. Hopefully someone can buy it and take it on some hunts this fall.

This rifle was built by Mark at Short Action Customs. It includes the components listed below. It was built on an older Rem 700 action that had very few rounds fired on it. It was given Mark's complete action truing service.

This rifle was throated for use of either the Hornady 175 grain ELD X bullet or the Berger 195 grain Hybrid. I decided to use the PT&G bottom metal that uses the longer Accurate Mag magazine allowing lengths that easily accommodate these two bullets. The COAL of the 175 ELD X to the lands measures 3.620" while the COAL of the 195 Berger to the lands measures 3.695". I think this is the perfect throat for a magazine fed 28 Nosler with the versatility of shooting either of these two bullets or the 180 Berger for that matter.

I never got around to shooting this set up, but I have no doubt this will be a hammer. It has all the best components and was built by one of the best gunsmiths. It also seems the 28 Nosler is an extremely accurate round. From the research I have done, you should be able to fling the 195 Bergers at around 3100 fps and the 175/180 grain bullets at 3200+ fps. This makes for a very potent long range hunting round!

The stock is a McMillan Game Scout with the Edge technology making it very light. It has been pillar and skim bedded. Length of pull is 13.75". The total rifle weighs 8.8 lbs per my scale.

28 Nosler by Short Action Custom

--Remington 700 LA right handed, completely trued by SAC
--Nightforce Steel 20 MOA Picatinny rail
--Brux, 7mm, 1-8.5 twist, #5 Contour barrel finished at 26"
--Barrel threaded 9/16x24 with 4 angled ports muzzle brake installed--Trigger Tech trigger
--PT&G Detachable Bottom Metal with Accuracy Mag 5 round mag
--McMillan Hunters Edge Game Scout Stock
--98 pieces of 26 Nosler brass necked up to 7mm, neck turned and trimmed
--1 box Berger 7mm, 195 grain Hybrid bullets (100 count)
--Redding Type S Bushing Full Length Sizer Die 28 Nosler

I will take $2900 shipped from an individual to your FFL for this fine firearm.

image_zpsq393ge87.jpeg

image_zpsgaxq1caj.jpeg

image_zpsgjgardtj.jpeg

image_zpshd7rmwii.jpeg

image_zpsoqushqou.jpeg

Re: FS 28 Nosler by Short Action Custom

Does it have the factory trigger?
So much want!

Oops just read more closely saw trigger tech.

Bump for this rifle. Mark at SAC builds one superb setup, I'll be getting my second one shortly.

You are exactly right. Mark is one of the really great gunsmiths.

Rifle no longer available for sale.