Friday the 13th Hog Down Video

Double Naught Spy

I had not been back to this property in 10 days or so and had not gotten a hog there since last month. So I was happy to see some hog sign and a few hogs on the game cameras. The hog I was expecting was not the hog that showed up. The hog that showed up had not been on camera in several days either and based on the path through the woods that he took, would not have been on camera last night either.

Lucky hunt for me, unlucky for the hog!

[ame]http://youtu.be/Yn0tIXh0rdg[/ame]

100_2141reduced.jpg

Yeah, you noticed that I avoided shooting it in the ear, right?

I was a bit surprised to find that the 6.5 Grendel Hornady SST 123 gr. bullet failed to over penetrate. I have had the rounds do this through more meat and figure that I must have hit the spine or opposite leg. It certainly did the job.

I had a good laugh after getting the hell scared out of me. The hog was down, stilled, and I had poked it in the eye to check for any sort of reaction. None. The hog was dead. I rested my rifle on its legs for a photo and just as the rifle touched the legs, the thing started kicking/spasming again. That was an Osh (long O sound) moment.

Yeqah, that'll tighten the pucker strings up to wher you can't pass gas for a week or so!....:D

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.