Freakin New Guy From Wisconsin

Welcome from Central Florida. What are you thinking for your semi custom?
Thanks for the welcome! Planning on a Zermatt Origin, long action as the base. Still deciding between bare stainless or nitride. Barrel will be a prefit from either Preferred, Criterion, or McGowen, 22" 7PRC. Still deciding what I want to do for the stock. A used manners would be nice, otherwise it'll likely be a Stockey's or KRG xray. That decision will affect my bottom metal need/choice. Still can't decide between Hawkins and a Pure Precision, M5. Hawkins obviously has the brand recognition but PP has a killer deal for $125. I think I'm going standard M5 and not hunter. I've rifle hunted out west twice and have never had an issue that leads me to think I'd lose a mag by accident. Maybe that's dumb ignorance speaking.

Thanks for the welcome! Planning on a Zermatt Origin, long action as the base. Still deciding between bare stainless or nitride. Barrel will be a prefit from either Preferred, Criterion, or McGowen, 22" 7PRC. Still deciding what I want to do for the stock. A used manners would be nice, otherwise it'll likely be a Stockey's or KRG xray. That decision will affect my bottom metal need/choice. Still can't decide between Hawkins and a Pure Precision, M5. Hawkins obviously has the brand recognition but PP has a killer deal for $125. I think I'm going standard M5 and not hunter. I've rifle hunted out west twice and have never had an issue that leads me to think I'd lose a mag by accident. Maybe that's dumb ignorance speaking.
Zermatts are great actions, if you go with the origin they only come nitride coated so one less decision to make. If you are thinking you want an ultralight stock there is a Peak 44 stock for sale on the classifieds taking a bdl bottom metal if you don't do the m5. I've never lost a mag but have forgotten one once. I'm sure you will be happy with it when it's done

Zermatts are great actions, if you go with the origin they only come nitride coated so one less decision to make. If you are thinking you want an ultralight stock there is a Peak 44 stock for sale on the classifieds taking a bdl bottom metal if you don't do the m5. I've never lost a mag but have forgotten one once. I'm sure you will be happy with it when it's done
That's what their website indicates, however Northland Shooter seems to offer the bead blasted. I wonder if it's a dealer exclusive or an error?

That's what their website indicates, however Northland Shooter seems to offer the bead blasted. I wonder if it's a dealer exclusive or an error?
It does say that it sold only at Northland shooter supply. Never knew anybody was offering anything different. If I order a second one I might get a blasted one rather than the nitride coated. Glad to have that info now