Found my new short-ranged Suppressed Coyote Solution

Unofficial Gun Addict (UGA)

Heya guys...

I recently was so impressed with the 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger Predator that I got, that I decided to throw down on a 300 Blackout Ruger Ranch.

I'm really impressed with the accuracy of this rifle as well... but it did come with some issues worthy of mention. Actually had to do a 2nd video to discuss the concerns... but in spite of it's shortcomings... I absolutely love this little rifle and it will be one that gets lots of use this coming Fall/Winter.

[ame]https://youtu.be/l8UEYhL-QAs[/ame]

Thanks for the vid, nice job. I ordered the same unit last week, will ware a Leupold VX-R 1x4 Pig with a Gemtech .300Blk can for short range deer/bear/pig. I've heard of some mag issues but interested in the issues you found.

Thanks for the vid, nice job. I ordered the same unit last week, will ware a Leupold VX-R 1x4 Pig with a Gemtech .300Blk can for short range deer/bear/pig. I've heard of some mag issues but interested in the issues you found.

Congrats! I actually made a short video of the issues and how to resolve the stock problem if it's making contact with the barrel up front on either side. Here it is... [ame]https://youtu.be/rL2xH5PnVAw[/ame]

Thanks for the reply.

Received my Ranch before I was able to read your range report.

My rifle was also a 600 series and my stock was touching on the port (left) side at the end only. Shimmed the stock and applied heat to the forend, worked great.

Mag appears to work fine but would say Ruger needs to improve spring strength.

No non fire issues so far shooting factory Rem and hand loads ( 208/178 AMAX 10.2 - 10.7 AA 1680 CCI primers), puting this on paper at 35 yards she's a 1 holer.

Interested in what Ruger did to address your misfire issues.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Received my Ranch before I was able to read your range report.

My rifle was also a 600 series and my stock was touching on the port (left) side at the end only. Shimmed the stock and applied heat to the forend, worked great.

Mag appears to work fine but would say Ruger needs to improve spring strength.

No non fire issues so far shooting factory Rem and hand loads ( 208/178 AMAX 10.2 - 10.7 AA 1680 CCI primers), puting this on paper at 35 yards she's a 1 holer.

Interested in what Ruger did to address your misfire issues.

Thanks.

Heya SeaVeyor! Sorry that it took me so long to get back to your response. I work for a school district out here as the guidance counselor and we got back underway which means I'm crazy busy for the first few weeks...

Ruger actually offered me an RMA to return the rifle. I haven't done so yet as I'm thinking of testing out some homeloads. If I get light strikes on those, I may send it back, but it shoots so great... I'm concerned that it will come back lacking the accuracy I sent it to them with. Not sure I want to take that chance!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.