Fort Worth, TX guy looking to learn about long range shooting/hunting

oeschampion

I'm 31 years old... live in the fort worth, tx area. don't have a lot of time to shoot or hunt, but LOVE both! I grew up in Central, PA where everything was free to hunt on public land! HA! NOT IN TEXAS! Public land is super limited and the hunts are VERY expensive...

...anyway, I love guns, have many. love to shoot and to load for accuracy. looking to take that one step beyond 100 yds! ;) ...hopefully all the way to 1,000!

Hello everyone! It will be fun getting to know all of you!

Oh, one last thing... my long range gun right now is a Remington 700 in 300 RUM with a Swarovski Z6... looking to get into a .338 lapua or .338 AM very soon...

john

John,

Welcome to TX....I myself came down from MT, and yes, the hunting/shooting opportunities down here are few and far between. Check out Tiger Valley down in Waco--they have a huge range and do a lot of training for military contractors. I believe they have some known distance matches a couple times a year.

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.