• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED For Sale -New Savage 112 BVSS Target Rifle in 7mm Rem Mag

Jason Price

New never fired Savage 112 BVSS target rifle in 7mm Rem Mag - Heavy laminated ambidextrous Wundhammer palm swell stock - Dual pillar bedded stainless action - 26" stainless heavy fluted free floated button-rifled barrel - New Lynx by B-Square stainless stud mount bases and 1" rings - Slightly used, but in 98% cond, 6-18 x 50mm Bushnell Banner matte finish scope - 1 box Federal Premium 7RM 150 gr Nosler BT

All of the above shipped to FFL holder for $650 plus cost of shipping

I am a FFL dealer and ordered this rifle for a guy that did not pass NICS background check

Post Here or E-mail [email protected]

Hi Tackdriver

Thanks for the reply - Sorry so long posting back, I've been away on a "mission" - It would absolutely make no sense at all for me to part out a new rifle - I've got literaly 100's of guns already and it would seem like the last thing I need is to keep another rifle, but if I have to keep it I will - Was going to ream it to STW for the guy who ordered it and I may go ahead and do it anyway - Just thought it would make nice starter rifle for somebody - I will sell the rifle only (less mounts and scope) for my cost which is $450 - Guess that's probably more than you want to pay for a barrel and bolt - Short of that either somebody will walk in the shop one day and buy it or one of my kids will inherit it

BTW - The guy who didn't pass the NICS check was convicted of shooting a domestic "problem" dog about 25 yrs ago (dog was attacking a new born calf on his farm) - He pleaded guilty to the charges and didn't fight it at the time, thinking that was the right thing to do and make peace with his neighbor - He paid a small fine - The dog owner actually apologized after the fact when he had cooled down and he also paid for the calf - Now Mr. Farmer can't buy a gun because of the not too long ago enacted Brady laws that prohibit a person with ANY firearm violation from purchasing a gun - He has fought this ever since it came up and to no avail - If I understand all of the parameters of this situation correctly the only way he can resolve it is through a pardon from the Governor.

Later.......I'm going out in the morning to "Reach Out Touch One"

Since nobody wanted an absoutley new $450 rifle, I decided to try it myself

Throwed the Lynx bases and the Bushnell scope in the trash - Didn't want them anyway

Put on Burriss Signature +10 insert mounts and saddled up a Leupold 6.5 x 20 x 50 LR - Installed Sharp Shooter trigger - Set in a Choate Varmit stock

Did my usual "shoot and clean" for 10 shots while zeroing in on the 500 yd rock on my rifle range(I'm fortunate enough to have a 1'300 yd range literally out the back window of my shop - Thank God for America!) - Clean again with one more shot at the rock - The next 5 shots at a 500 yd paper - Those last 5 shots were within 3 INCHES WITH FACTORY FEDERAL 150gr NBT AMMO !!!

That may not be amazing accuracy to some of the posters on this forum, but I think it's darn excellent for a basically untuned factory rifle with factory ammo

Now for this - There's about as many rifles go through here as most anywhere, but it seems to me that most everybody wants a "name brand" rifle "souped up" with some fancy fixings to try to impress their friends - Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the "multi $1,000's" gun business - I just don't think Savage is getting thier fair share of credit for producing about the most accurate out of the box rifle made

Rifle not for sale anymore...........