• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage 112 BVSS in 223 Remington

Dr. Vette

For sale is a Savage 112 BVSS in 223 Remington.

The stock was purchased as new-old-stock from Numrich, though there were tiny scratches on the right side when received from them. These were sanded down and touched it up with polyurethane, and look fine. They are small enough that they can't be seen in the photos.

The action is bedded to the stock, and rear tang is properly floated. It is a repeater, not a single shot.

It has a tuned stock trigger (2# pull).

Current rings and bases are Burris. Both of these are very high quality pieces.
I purchased the Nikon scope used on LRH but it is like new. I have the original box, inserts and extra turrets. The scope has the Nikoplex reticle.

Round count is unknown. I purchased it used, and have put less than 100 rounds through it since setting it up.

Price is $700 shipped for the rifle with bases, add $350 for scope. Rings included if you buy both rifle and scope.

Picture of the rifle below, and here is a link to more photos:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskvy43wH

PM me with questions or offers. Scope not for sale until rifles sells first.

Attachments

• IMG_3738.jpg
    IMG_3738.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_3740.jpg
    IMG_3740.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Re: Savage 112 BVSS in 223 Remington (Rifle #1)

Very nice gun, I have the same in 22-250 they shoot outstanding...Good luck with your sale Dr.vette. Gary

Which rifle shoots better? What kind of groups are you getting?

I haven't shot the other one enough to answer that question. I bought the braked one for my recoil-shy daughter to use, and she ended up sticking with my 22LR Savage and then her own Savage Axis 223. So, it got set up and then set aside in the safe.

This one really likes Fiocchi Extrema V-Max ammo, but will shoot cheap Ultramax ammo just as well if you want to plink. I've taken it to 400 yards on a windy day with no problems, hitting my steel targets. I don't doubt the other would work just as well, I just haven't tried it.
I don't believe that I have targets from when I shot them (which is unusual for me) as I just tried several types of factory ammo, and made notes of which ones worked the best. I know it had to be well under an inch for me to stop trying ammo and start shooting.

I would not worry about accuracy from either one; it's just personal preference regarding configuration and condition.

Per a request, barrel length is 26 inches.

First buyer would have choice of either of the scopes mounted to the rifle of their choice.

Twist rate?
Factory specs say 1:9, and after running patches through and measuring several times I would agree.

Scope is a Nikon Monarch 5-20x44 side focus with Nikoplex reticle.

First buyer would have choice of rifle and scope, as I would mix and match for a package deal.

Back up.
Send me an offer if interested. With/without scope(s), rings, bases, you name it.

To the top.
Second rifle with brake and competition trigger has been sold.

Borrowed my friends same rifle as above, adjusted Accutrigger,3 shots at 300 yds were 1.25 inch,shot federal premium 55 nbt ,tmv 3426, yes they shoot very well indeed,regards jjmp