For Ladder test, load at home or at the range?

Alan Griffith

I've done both but not to any extent I have decided on a preference. Looking for your opionions. Pretty much figure you can only load at the range with sperhical/ball or small grained extruded powders.

First post by the way; though I've been loading since '73?

Big Al

Accurate Arms has proven loading at the bench with their powders can cause excessive pressures. Normal transporting of loaded ammo has time and oppurtunity to settle thereby changing the pressure curve. Just be sure to roll the loaded cases back and forth on the load bench to "settle" the powder in the cases.

jm2c

GSSP,
for years now my buddies and myself have done all our handloading for load developement at the range.
We have used all powders in all forms, ball, flake, short and long extruded etc, except Accurate Arms which is unavailable in the UK and have seen no adverse affects in terms pressure curves.
Chronographing has proved carefull handloading techniques with low deviations and spreads.
We do however, have a dedicated re-loading room behind the firing points on our range set up for the Benchrest boys.
122Minsterly_Pics_004-med.JPG

Ian

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Huh?

[ QUOTE ]
Accurate Arms has proven loading at the bench with their powders can cause excessive pressures.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of a vague statement. Where did you get this information?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.