? for Doc King

LeMay

Frist off it was realy good to see you Sunday and do some shooting. What kind of die was that you where telling be about that I need to make them 338 Lapua fit better.
Also what was that scope you had on that Rem 40-X I think it was 5.5 to 22 power. And tell me more about those barrels to interchange on your 40-X.

Thanks Doc.

LeMay OUT

Jim

Yeah, I had a great time too, good to shoot with you and the guys again. Maybe next time we'll get some more of the tree trimmed off in front of the 660 yard deer target.

It's a "body die", use it to push the shoulder back a thousanths or two. There's a picture of one in this link, you can get them seperate.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/611760585944.html

The scope on the 40X repeater was a NightForce 5.5 x 22 (I believe it's a 56mm objective model) with the NPR2 reticle.

For my single shot 40X I have three barrels, they can be interchanged with a barrel vice (very easy). I had Clay Spencer make up the three barrels (two in 6BR, one fast twist (8-1) and one slow twist (14-1) plus the required 308 Win barrel). I don't need to worry about the bedding or anything as the barrels are all the same contour so they fit.

Thanks Dave it was lots of fun. I just thought the round would of gone over the trees being about 2/3 of the way down range. Maybe Rod will let us shoot the tree out of the way next time. Its always fun doing that shooting the tree till it falls. Did that a few time in the sniper classes. I'll check out the scope. Do they make it with a mildot? I'll also check out the dies. It just suck a tight fit. I did not know they made a body die for doing that.

Thanks LeMay OUT

While you are reading this, your enemy is training!

Doc on the NP-R2 reticle. is it 2 MOA at all the power settings on the scope. Like 2 MOA at 5.5 and I move the power up to 22 and its still 2 MOA at this setting?

Thanks LeMay OUT

Let your planes be dark ar inpenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt.

[ QUOTE ]
Doc on the NP-R2 reticle. is it 2 MOA at all the power settings on the scope. Like 2 MOA at 5.5 and I move the power up to 22 and its still 2 MOA at this setting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either on 15 power on the 3.5-15 or 22 power on the rest.

I bought it used from Dave King on here and had the reticle changed out from nightforce. Its the first one i have owned and it wont be the last.

d-a

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.