FNG From SE Idaho

jacobdewey

I've been lurking for a while, and have picked up a lot of useful information from the site already. I hope I can pick up some more.:)

Seems like there are quite a few members here in Idaho. I've been a mountain goat all my life, and have shot 90% of my animals 200 yards or less. I recently had an injury that prevents me from hiking, so I am now stuck hunting with a handicapped sticker from a utv. :(

My dad has a Nosler .270 wsm that the guys at gunwerks worked over. I have used it a few times with really good luck. I figured that until I can (hopefully) recover, I will be hunting from the sidelines. A LR hunting rifle and knowing how to use it is important, and this site seems to have a lot of that information at my fingertips!

I currently own a savage 116 30-06 with a NF SHV 4-14x56mm. I'm shooting factory Hornady superformance 180gr. sst I figure this should have decent accuracy and killing power out to 800 yards. Only practice and the range will tell!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.