Intro from SE Idaho

salthunter

I found this site looking for an old neighbor who taught me how to shoot better as a kid 50 years ago. I just retired: former contractor, shop and Special Education teacher. I bought my own Mec Jr when I was 13. reloading lots of shotgun shells over the years. My long range shooting as a kid use to be setting up on a bluff and shooting into the river 3-800 yards away with a .22
I plan to start shooting more center fire and loading my own.
Grew up hunting squirrels with a rifle in Minnesota. Married a gal from Idaho who was a shooter on her HS and BYU rifle team. Now I enjoy waterfowl hunting, chasing elk with a stick and string and plan to put the hurt on the coyote population.

I found this site looking for an old neighbor who taught me how to shoot better as a kid 50 years ago. I just retired: former contractor, shop and Special Education teacher. I bought my own Mec Jr when I was 13. reloading lots of shotgun shells over the years. My long range shooting as a kid use to be setting up on a bluff and shooting into the river 3-800 yards away with a .22
I plan to start shooting more center fire and loading my own.
Grew up hunting squirrels with a rifle in Minnesota. Married a gal from Idaho who was a shooter on her HS and BYU rifle team. Now I enjoy waterfowl hunting, chasing elk with a stick and string and plan to put the hurt on the coyote population.
Welcome from the other side of the state. You are going to like it here. Lots of really knowledgeable and helpful people. I learn something new almost every day here.

Welcome to the forum from the other-other side of the state! Lots to learn here and I'm sure you will have some help to offer also. And a good way to pass the time!

There's a lot of guys here in Idaho....quite a few here in SE...and if I guess correctly a couple of very knowledgeable in Idaho Falls....keep your eyes reading and figure out whom they are unless they step forward themselves...
Seems to me there might be enough guys locally to get a shoot going sometime......

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.