Flextone Echo eR1 Electronic Predator Caller

Hey Mike, how's the caller working out for you so far. I've had mine out several times and like everything about it. Now i just need to call in a dog. I have yet to do that, not sure what the deal is there.

Same here not getting enough time in the field. Deer gun season is over and bow season is over at the end of the month. We have a new night time season beginning March 1st on private land. I will be getting serious for dogs and hogs then. BTW could you tell me the specs on your wall charger? Looking for DC voltage out put 12v or 9v also ma 300 ma or 500 ma. I have so many different chargers I may have gotten them mixed up. Thanks Mike and good luck.

Got it fully charged...(Didn't bother with the batteries that came with it..got Energizer rechargables on your recomendation)...Found the call solidly built...Functions easy to use and the remote easy to use as well. Haven't checked out the full sound library but the bird distress and rabbit sound good and if they repeat it's not really noticable. The crow was good as well but I was dissapointed there was no social sounds like a flock of crows feeding (only distress and mobbing)...Starling and blue jay distress were a nice suprise though.
I'll be able to say more about the sound after I get it out in the field but comparing it to my former MP3 caller which was supposed to be around 126db I would put this close (around 110 or so) but you have the twin speakers that are controllable from the remote so you can throw the calling backwards, forwards or both during the calling sequence to sound like a moving animal.
I can't speak to range on the remote yet...I will tell you it shoots from one end of my house to the other through a few walls without a problem ..haha!
Looking forward to getting it out in the cold and see how it does...BTW..the carry strap that comes with it is crap...plan on getting a case or modifying a rifle sling or stealing the strap from your wifes briefcase or something before taking it afield:)

Let it sit in the truck tonight and get good and cold as it's only about 5 degrees then set it up in the parking lot @ work....The text on the LCD screen was a bit broken up and it didn't want to scroll too well but it worked fine and I was able to get 150yds out of the remote through several snowbanks and a tree. I did notice I could barely hear it down on the ground behind those snowbanks though??? More to come.

I cant wait to get mine in. I have been hunting exclusivly with the JS atractors and have got 2 coyotes so far. I cant help but think that the extra volume and remote range can only help.

Just got back from making a couple quick sets and so far quite impressed with the unit. 1st set was 50yds from the unit with open line of site....Obviously no issues, volume seemed very sufficient. 2nd set up was 70yds from the caller kind of over a knoll...Only had one incident of the unit not picking up a command from the remote and that was with a 2ft white pine directly between us. Again, volume seemed suffiecient. Note: I did hang the caller in a tree both times about chest height on snowshoes. Nothing came in but did get an answer from a dog about 3/4 of a mile away and I didn't have the time to move on him or wait him out.....NEXT TIME. So far so good on the caller.

2z6718n.jpg
Just ordered one wondering if anyone has tried one out?

Echo HD Er1

Well my Cass Creek went bad and I was on the prowl for another electronic caller for Coyote hunting. I did a lot of research and heard about the china made Flextone Echo ER1 it has good reviews with a few complaints but who knows those could have been user errors?
I decided the Flextone over the Foxpro due to the price and many more calls offered. I think Foxpro has been taking advantage of people with there calls since they lead in the field of electronic callers until now!
Well the hard part began trying to find a place that sold the Flextone and wasnt backordered. I found mine on dicks sporting goods and also had a 15% rebate with free shipping. I ordered it Saturday and it was on my doorstep Tuesday morning. As I opened the packaging everything was in tac and looked like it was built sturdy and strong. I charged the batteries for 10 hours before I used it as the instructions said. When I woke up Wed morning I took it outside my house to try out. I used the crow calls and within 1 minute I had a dozen crows flying over my head!! The sounds are very clear and loud!!
I couldnt wait to get take it on a hunt for some Coyotes.
Saturday morning arrived and I was at my first setup at 8AM. I set my Mojo Decoy out with the Flexpro caller in a field. I walked about 100yrds to a tree. I started off with the Baby Cottan Tail Distress on low volume for a 3 minute sequence. Paused for 5 minutes and cranked the volume up to mid level for another 2-3 minutes of sound. It was windy out 15mph SSW winds so I decided to crank the volume up more for my last set, well as soon as the first sound rang out on high volume here she comes!! A female coyote out about 200 yrds running straight for the caller and decoy, when she got about 25 yrds from the decoy and 125 from me I let out a BARK! She stopped and the 223 53gr hornady vmax coming from the Savage 26"barrel hit her dead center in the chest and dropped her without a flinch from her! Looked down at my watch and seen I was 18 minutes into calling with my new Flextone Echo caller!
Great Caller sounds awesome and works.
My overall rating of the Flextone.
Distance: It worked great at 100 yrds, My next setup was a tall grass field and I tried 150yrds no success from the caller.
Ease of use: Its very easy to use and understand in my opinion. One person stated it was hard to use the remote buttons with gloves, I didnt have this issue I am 6ft7 at 245 with big hands and I was using heavy winter camo hunting gloves when using the remote.
Battery life: I would guess I used the caller this weekend for a total of 3 hours and only one bar was used out of 6.
The onlything I didnt like was the should carry strap mounts. They are metal rings and make a rattle of rattling when walking, I took the strap off and just carried it in my hand. This is a simple flix by just wrapping the metal rings with some camo cloth tape.
Overall I would recommend this caller to those that use electronic callers and those with the Foxpro who are short on the 100 calls flextone loads on theres.
2z6718n.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Awesome
I can't wait to get some time in the field with mine. Still trying to locate a good place to hunt. Made arrangements with a hunting club to shoots coyotes and hogs. They have 900 acres that I can hunt on. Going to scout out the place next weekend.

Last edited:
I've been out 3 or 4 times with mine and it's worked great.....I actually bought new Energizer rechargables to avoid any chance the included batteries were junk. Never had the unit go below full charge....Have had the remote go down one bar. I am convinced it's the best call out there right now for the money....I have only had one small problem with mine and I'm unsure if it's even worth the time to exchange it. I sometimes get a little "tick" of static out of the speaker when changing the volume...it only happens when it's getting the signal to increase volume (not a continuous sound). I've only picked up on it a few times.
Hint: Get one of those 8" bungee cords w/ a ball on the end, run it through the handle...It makes hanging it on a limb VERY quick and your volume is easily increased 25% when you get it 5ft off the ground.

2nd time out with mine. I posted her.e a couple of weeks ago and gave my review of the Flextone.
The weather was ok here in Central TN and I had a little time to get out to give it another shot, called my buddy and he was up for it.
Took my shower with scent eliminator, packed up met up with my buddy and rode to our coyote hunting spot.
Time of day we arrived to set up 6:15PM
Weather 52 degrees 12mph winds out of the N with a slight drizzle.

Setup the MOJO critter and Flextone caller 95 yards out into the field facing up into some heavy pines on a ridge.
Got setup in full camo, in some brush and his the caller Juvenile rabbit.
10 minutes in the first coyote came into the Mojo got so close the decoy hit him in the nose my buddy shot as another one came behind running, I took my shot at 125+ yrds running and nailed the male in the back spinal cord. Never seen the female, let it settle for about 5 minutes and started using the coyote distress to get her to come back in all she would do is bark off in the distance..
I didnt weigh this beast but he was a mature male!! Thanks again Flextone for another successful hunt.gun)
10wsh04.jpg

Took a BIG female last weekend that really liked the PUP SCREAM mixed up with BABY COTTONTAIL. Took her at 35yds with 2.75" #4 buck...Nice load picked up at cabela's for like $8 for a box of 25. I never took a pick but did manage to take weigh the carcass after I "skun" her..Came in at 31lbs without the hide. I'm guessing live weight around 35-38lbs. Hide was in good shape so I lugged her the 1/4 mile back to the truck. I forgot how much "fun" they are to skin if you wait and don't do it when they're warm...YUCK!

Call worked great.....Again!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.