First LR Build

jharris308

I haven't posted much on here at all, but I've done lots of research, both here and everywhere else. All that led me to my first LR rifle build. I started out with a Remington 700 .243 that I traded my Dad for (traded a 3-9 Leuopold VX1). The only thing left is the receiver. Here are the specs:

Remington Model 700 ADL Receiver
HS Precision PSV004 Stock
PSS Bolt and Handle
Hart Rifle Barrels Spiral Fluted MHV (1.250 @ shank-.940 @ 26")
Vais Muzzle Brake
Harris Bipod
Jewel HVR Trigger
Badger Ordnance 20MOA picatinny base
Badger Ordnance rings

I still have some decisions to make, especially the scope. I have narrowed it down to Leopold 6-20 Mark 4 or NF 5.5-22 NXS. I also think I might change it over to BDL configuration and add bottom metal and extended mag. I am considering going with a McMillian A5 stock as well.

Thanks to all of you guys helping without probably even knowing it! I'll keep you posted. Hope the pictures turn out. Wasn't real sure how to do it.

Remington700Build

Remington700Build

Last edited:
Both scopes are great scopes. If weight is a factor go with the Leupold, if not I would go with the Nightforce. Either way you can't go wrong, I have both.

Sounds like a great start to an excellent rifle! I run both Leupolds and nightforces, I like both of them very well, but if money was not a issue, I would take nightforce every time.

Tony.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.