First 3 stands were great, live pictures.

derbyacresbob

Today I got a late start to go get in some calling stands, I left my house at 11:00am. The first stand I made was where I have called in quite a few coyotes and some bobcats in past years.

I was hoping to get a bobcat to come in so I could take pictures of it next to my FOXPRO Jack In The Box decoy. The breeze was perfect, it was coming up the canyon so anything coming up the canyon would not smell me or my caller.

I started out with Bay Bee Cottontail and played it for about 8 minutes, running the volume up and down between 20 and 40 on my CS-24. Then I switched to a bird fight sound that really sounds good playing in stereo coming out of the CS-24 and the SP-55 Speaker.

Not too long after switching to the bird fight sound I spotted a small female coyote hard charging out of the canyon below me and she was heading straight for my caller and decoy.
IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2251-Copy.jpg

She ran right up to the bunny decoy and looked at it for a second. Then headed out to my left. Just as I was dropping my camera she stopped to look back at the decoy again.
IMG_2256.jpg

She probably shouldn't have stopped like that.
IMG_2267.jpg

The second stand I made was only about 1/2 mile from the first stand. This spot has also been a good one in the past when the breeze is coming up the canyon.

I started this stand out with the bird fight sound and only about 5 minutes into it I saw movement just to the left of the CS-24 and Jack In The Box decoy.
IMG_2272.jpg

This coyote is just about 20 ft up the hill from my caller. The Caller and decoy are just out of the picture to the right.
IMG_2275.jpg

In this picture it seems like the coyote did not like the smell of my caller bag. This is about when I dropped the camera and picked up the shotgun. If this coyote would have left the way it came in it would still be alive. It circled to the right so I got a broadside shot at it.
IMG_2283.jpg

In the above picture you can see the dead coyote in the shade on the left side of the picture.

Stand 3 was almost a mile away calling down into another big canyon. This spot has also been good to me over the years.

I had DSG Cottontail playing for almost 10 minutes when I spotted a coyote heading up the hill out of the canyon and it was coming my way.
IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

This coyote stopped at about 30 yards away and didn't like the sound of my camera. I had to drop the camera and start shooting because this big male was heading out fast.
IMG_2309.jpg

This coyote makes it three coyotes in three stands. I should have quit then because I blanked on the 4th stand.

It was another great day.

Merry Christmas everybody!

Awesome pics!!!!! It must be nice to have that many yotes around good luck with your future hunts.....

Wow, great pics to go with the stories! Congrats and Merry Christmas.

What kind of zoom lens does your camera have? or is it just a standard digital camera? They look pretty close.

SBruce, I am using a Canon EOS 50D camera with a Tamron 18X270 zoom lens.

With this camera set on Sports Mode it takes 6 pictures per second.

My FOXPRO caller and decoy were right at 15 yards away from me on this stand.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.