first 1000yd plus kill shot.

stihl066

Just got back from our whitetail hunt in Idaho. Saw lots of deer and some really nice shooter bucks. As they had their heads down chasing does around it made it tough to get a shot in. We had been glassing an area for a.day or so that had five really nice bucks in it. Finally one came out of no where. Got a range on it. 900 yards, by the time got on it it was 1188 yards and walking away. By the time I shot it had probably walked another twenty yards. Put it behind front shoulder and it hit it hard. He went down and to my amazement it got back up. We lost it in the brush. Had to drive around to the ridge he was on. Found him bedded down at about 300 yes and put one in the neck. Found out I hit him a little high behind front shoulder,clipped a vertebrae and bullet came out his neck. It was a great hunt.

Stihl,

Congrats and like everyone else I would really like to have some pics. Also what where you using. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.