Finally got to shoot an animal with my homemade rifle!

Well after my youngest brother bugging me for the last 6 years to go hunting with him, I finally took the time off work and went with him for two weeks to my older brothers in Kansas. We scouted 4 properties for 3 days didn't see any shooters in person or on any of the cameras so decided on another site and went the next morning. I brought a rifle that I built in 2017, a 13# 45-70 with a 28" 1-18 tw barrel, hand loaded 300 gr Sierra pro-hunters at 1800 fps, 6X fixed power scope zeroed at 150 yrds. It was really fogy that morning got in the blind and waited for it to get light around 8:00 the fog was lifting and a deer we had not seen on the cameras gust showed out of nowhere to my right of course I was set up to shoot straight forward so the musical chairs act began with 4 people in the blind LOL got to where I could shoot and let the safety off and bang flop at 280 ish yards measured by stepping it off, entered just behind the shoulder through the off shoulder stopping just under the hide. Was the first animal killed with the rifle and my 5th and largest deer ever. Had a great time spending time with my brothers hunting. Bullet held up pretty well for going through the shoulder!
What a cool rifle.

There are guys that couldn't have made that shot with a $16,000 custom chambered in a modern laser with the best optic.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

What a cool rifle.

There are guys that couldn't have made that shot with a $16,000 custom chambered in a modern laser with the best optic.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Yes, I am a pretty good shot but I have to admit I did practice every weekend for 2 months shooting at 100 to 300 yards with cold barrel shots just to make sure my load and I were repeatable LOL.

What I picture when I hear home made gun... Came to find out it's the Sistine Chapel 😮

Incredible work and talent!!!!

Attachments

• minn-gun-1.png
    minn-gun-1.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 37
Ok everyone interested I started another thread, here you go for your viewing enjoyment LOL.