Finally got another yote this morning

Tnwhip

Went calling yesterday morning had a Bobcat come in. I let him pass. Didn't want to waste the Hide. This morning after about and hour calling I was scanning the back field and saw a yote going across the field. I did a female call and he stopped. I tried several different calls but he would not come. I think he may have cheeped up to me in the thicket and I didn't see him. Anyway he was going across the back and I got him to stop and look and before he went into the thicket I took the shot and nailed him. He was 482 yards. He was standing right in front of an Armadillo I had shot a while ago at 487 yards. Man my 243 Ruger RPR is a hammer with the 105 A max. I almost took my 223 this morning glad I didn't

Went calling yesterday morning had a Bobcat come in. I let him pass. Didn't want to waste the Hide. This morning after about and hour calling I was scanning the back field and saw a yote going across the field. I did a female call and he stopped. I tried several different calls but he would not come. I think he may have cheeped up to me in the thicket and I didn't see him. Anyway he was going across the back and I got him to stop and look and before he went into the thicket I took the shot and nailed him. He was 482 yards. He was standing right in front of an Armadillo I had shot a while ago at 487 yards. Man my 243 Ruger RPR is a hammer with the 105 A max. I almost took my 223 this morning glad I didn't

Here is a picture of the Bob yesterday

Here is another picture with the Armadillo in the back ground I had shot earlier in the season at 487 yds. I knew I had the range and there was very little wind. He was just where I wanted him If I was taking a long shot. So i cranked the scope and let it fly.

Good shooting. Another reason why one should always bring enough gun when hunting these things.[/QUOTE

Your right. I would rather be over gunned than under gunned any day. I love this 243. My 220 swift may have to take the back seat now.:)

I had two come across the field this morning. I have a blind spot to my left and I think they came up to me and I didn't see them and they went back down the edge of the field and then crossed about 300yds from me and were in the middle of the field before I saw them. I was in my deer blind and I have a hard time shooting out the left window can't get steady. I tried to get them to stop and they did at the other edge of the field 450 yds. They would not come and was fixing to go into the woods. I said what the heck and tried a shot but missed. I was not as steady as I should have been and I looked at my windage nob on my viper scope and it had been bumped 2 clicks. Well everything was against me LOl :rolleyes: Welllllll there will be another day. I am going to tape that windage nob so it want get turned again. I should have looked at it but even then it is so dark in my blind I can't see the numbers on the nobs anyway. I do have a plastic ring with my yardage in big numbers on the elevation so I can see it. but just barely. Old eyes.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.