Finally drew a Nevada bull tag

packer

Finally drew a late season Ely bull tag. Looking for some input on the Schell range. I plan on staying the whole season trying to find a 350 +/- class bull. Any help would be great.
Thanks, Chuck

There are many hunting areas along the success loop. Also you can take the trail out of Cleve Creek to its end and then scout and/or pack in.
Chas

Thanks Chas,

I've been getting a lot of good info on the southern Schell's from this site and others that have hunted the area in the past.

On a nother note, my pack horses are getting up there in age and i probably won't take them on this one. Any leads on packers / horses for hire in the Ely area?

I personally don't know any of the outfitters in the area. You could try Googling it or perhaps contact the main sporting goods store in Ely(I believe its Outdoor World) and maybe they could give you a contact number. BTW the road out of Kalamazoo Creek goes over the mountains but I don't know if its kept open in the late elk season.
Chas

congrats!!

i just drew a late season bull elk tag in montana, and just put that tag in a special draw and hopefully i come out with a late season special draw bull elk and whitetail/mule deer tag!!

Me and my old man both drew a general big game tag and will be hunting area's 250 and 270. If we get our special draw tags, we will be hunting the mountains in Darby Montana. I spoke to a buddy who's a guide in north dakota, south dakota and has been applying to hunt Darby for 10 years with no luck. I will be hunting Darby either way but with tge special draw I get to hunt the good part!!

Also to add to this years hunt, we have a trail cam pic from last season of a 150 class whitetail about 600 yards from the range. he was spotted again this year and the range owner says he's bigger!! Hopefully will be seeing him in the fall!

As well as topping of my rifle with a vortex viper pst for the hunt!!

Hey Packer,
I came up with two outfitters you may look into. One is the Marquez brothers from Ely,Nevada and Purple Sage Outfitters out of Pioche,Nevada. I hope this helps.
Chas

Thanks Chas,

Probably not looking for an outfit to pack me in. This will most likely be a DYI hunt, I just may need some critters to pack a bull out.

Started getting flyers from outfitters, i"ll give em a call.

Thanks again Chas

Congrats on the elk tag. I also found the end of the rainbow and pulled the same tag for the same area. I am new to this site and forum, but I have found that the two previous mentioned threads have been helpful in highlighting some areas.
I have contacted NDOW for some information pertaining to their annual herd suveys (seeing as their interactive map service no longer works) and I have not recieved any reply. I am also looking for definative boundry descriptions of all of the wilderness areas in 111-115 & 221, 222. I have seen many maps with the boundry lines drawn, but I am looking for definative descriptions.

Congrats on the successful draw. We looked in vain for just the wilderness map you're looking for. That was 2 years ago. Maybe fish and game has newer info. Its funny(not really) but those darned wilderness posts crop up when you least expect it. If I can be of any assistance,just let me know.
Chas

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.