Final chapter has been written.....DOUBLE TROUBLE

Yes, that must be a heck of a lot of detail work, measuring, building molds etc. Did you have some kind of hobby or work experience like injection molding or something before hand, or just jumped into it??

Very Impressive!

Yes, that must be a heck of a lot of detail work, measuring, building molds etc. Did you have some kind of hobby or work experience like injection molding or something before hand, or just jumped into it??

Very Impressive!
I have just done a lot of researching over the last 20 years or so on replicating antlers(not much out there). Also on mold making.
Internet can teach you a lot if you are stubborn enough to keep looking.

I teach math and farm. So no experience at molding/casting.

I have just done a lot of researching over the last 20 years or so on replicating antlers(not much out there). Also on mold making.
Internet can teach you a lot if you are stubborn enough to keep looking.

I teach math and farm. So no experience at molding/casting.
Very impressive.....you're one smart
cookie....🙂 Did you integrate all of the area under the curvature of each tine in order to create a 2 dimensional model then extrapolate that using an algorithm into 3 dimensions? No, I bet it was just eyeball and micrometer elbow grease......painstaking and time consuming.......I bet you are a very good reloader too if you want to be....measurement, attention to details and tolerances.....🙂

Very impressive.....you're one smart
cookie....🙂 Did you integrate all of the area under the curvature of each tine in order to create a 2 dimensional model then extrapolate that using an algorithm into 3 dimensions? No, I bet it was just eyeball and micrometer elbow grease......painstaking and time consuming.......I bet you are a very good reloader too if you want to be....measurement, attention to details and tolerances.....🙂
Haha. You sound like a math teacher too.
No it's actually just a paint on a rubber silicone mold. Then fiberglass over it. The cut it all apart. Cut the silicone off the original rack. Re glue the seams. Put the huge floppy empty silicone balloon back into the fiberglass mold bolt it all together and then pour it full.

On a casting video on YouTube they even mold a ladies arm on there. She has a tattoo on her arm and the silicone is so sensitive that the mold of her arm shows the tattoo also.

Cool stuff. I'm not a teacher by training or career, but have substituted as a math and science teacher some. Its too hard on me.
At one school where I never returned, I sent 6 kids to the office the 1st and only day I taught there. Girls wrestling in the floor,
Boys who will not put away their cell phones even for the principal......it wasn't pretty. I either run a tight ship or I do not play.
I hope the schools in your farm community are run like real schools, with the 3 R's, and the pledge and no wokeness, or communism.
Again, nice schooling on mold making....

We are still experimenting with colors. Man it is tough to match up paint colors. One is real and one is fake. Boys and I are having a lot of fun.

BE7FB87E-B966-4B43-9E04-E005B31B6BBB.jpeg
22243956-3E60-4339-A3F4-CCA5B80F3688.jpeg