Fierce rival help

packgoatguy

for you Fierce owners out there, does anyone have a CT Rival who has weighed their barreled action (or could weigh)? I've heard conflicting reports from owners about the weight of the rifles coming in different than advertised... I've heard it might have something to do with how the stocks are made, but If I got a CT Rival, I would probably put the barreled action in a lightweight chassis anyway...

I had a local dealer today tell me that he was told the barreled action (CT rival) weighs 4lbs 8oz exactly. .. but I just don't see how that is possible?? I have a Christensen Ridgeline 300wm, and the barreled action on that (per my scale) is only 4lbs 5oz (non titanium model) and that is with a 26 inch barrel instead of the fierce 24 inch barrel. How is it possible that the fierce would weigh more with a titanium action and shorter barrel??? (BTW, 4lbs 5oz is just the barreled action with bolt. If I add the action screws, muzzle brake, bottom metal, and follower, it is 4lbs 13.2 oz... so, I suppose that the quoted 4lbs 8oz for the fierce could include bottom metal, brake, etc as well... but even then, that is only a 5.2 ounce weight savings for 2 inches of barrel length, a titanium brake vs a steel brake, and a titanium rem 700 style action vs a steel rem 700 style action... most aftermarket titanium actions claim as much as an 8 or 10 oz weight savings in the action alone...

I've called numerous times. They take my name and contact info, but I haven't heard back. Their customer service has also told me several times that they will not sell just a barreled action. However, I have a local dealer who says they will do it for him...

If you want a lightweight chassis look a Fierce Reaper. Rival BA in a carbon chassis. Just what you are after.
Unless I'm mistaken, the reaper stock with the folder is pushing 40oz. I can do a MDT HNT26 chassis for 29oz, in a long action including folder, adjustable comb/LOP, thumb shelf, sling stud, qd mount, arca rail, etc.