Carbon Rival

yogibearmech

Just wondering if anyone else here is running the Fierce Carbon rival? Ordered one a while back and after getting it and then sending it back for issues I finally got on the range! Picked up a little factory ammo just to put on paper. After a rocky start with issues starting to feel a little better about my purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_161607_582.jpg
    IMG_20210619_161607_582.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20210619_161607_612.jpg
    IMG_20210619_161607_612.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 228
Glad they were able to get it all resolved for you. I thought hard about a Rival, but found a good deal on a Ridgeline locally. I'd love to get a chance to see one in person sometime.

What Bix N Andy had a recall?
I don't think it was the trigger that was recalled. It was Fierce Rival rifles with an installed Bix N Andy.
The recall was from Fierce, not Bix N Andy.

Great looking rig. I have a Fury in 6.5 PRC and am very impressed with it. I have been wondering about their carbon barrel rifles. Looks like they have great accuracy potential as well. I live about 3 hours from a well stocked Fierce dealer. I will have to make the run up one of these days and get a look at a Rival.

Last edited:
I just found out about this recall. I've had the Rival since 2020. It has the Bix n Andy trigger. I was sitting in a blind Tuesday night, nice buck comes out at 200 yds. I was slowly squeezing on the trigger, nothing. While I took pressure off the trigger, bang! Swearing out loud I worked action and bang! Without me touching the trigger. Luckily my first shot still hit the deer and I recovered him. I called Fierce, they said email them all the rifle info. I hope they take care of this issue.

I just found out about this recall. I've had the Rival since 2020. It has the Bix n Andy trigger. I was sitting in a blind Tuesday night, nice buck comes out at 200 yds. I was slowly squeezing on the trigger, nothing. While I took pressure off the trigger, bang! Swearing out loud I worked action and bang! Without me touching the trigger. Luckily my first shot still hit the deer and I recovered him. I called Fierce, they said email them all the rifle info. I hope they take care of this issue.
131FF639-FC4C-46DA-AFC6-594DD11703FF.png

That's never a safe situation. I have one with trigger tech and one with bix n Andy.
No issues yet and hopefully do not ever have the same issue you experienced.

View attachment 513590
That's never a safe situation. I have one with trigger tech and one with bix n Andy.
No issues yet and hopefully do not ever have the same issue you experienced.
If mine sits in the safe for an extended period it will not stay cooked as soon as bolt drops it let's the firing pin go. I store all of my rifles with the firing pin uncocked

If mine sits in the safe for an extended period it will not stay cooked as soon as bolt drops it let's the firing pin go. I store all of my rifles with the firing pin uncocked
No issues with that yet either but now you worry me maybe I'll start doing the same.