• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED *feeling it out* barreled action project

firefighter1990

I have an unfired project that i dont have much motive in finishing anytime soon. I did all the chambering and what not. I have a semi inletted stock set but othere than that its ready to go. Its a ruger no.1 in 375 weatherby. I was building it up for moose but as far as drop-block-actions go, im a sharps fan. And anything it can do, my 338 khan can do better, faster, & flatter. Specs are as follows;
* blued ruger no.1 action with face milled perpendicular to thread tenon
* 28" stainless shilen select barrel 1:12 twist medium heavy contour (much like a sendero)
* radial muzzle brake (much like that of gentry mfg) brings barrel OAL to 30"
* leupold dual dovetail scope base set 0 moa to bore's axis
stock set was bought off a seller via gunbroker and was still fairly raw, ive worked on it some here and there and it is shaping up very nice. Its a matching stock/ forearm set of what id rate to be a semi fancy bastogne walnut. Just needs inletting and more fit and finsh. The previous stock owner glued on a pacmyer pad (which doesnt make sense given a no.1 design) sits at 13 7/8" pull with zero cast off and zero toe out. Very linear design. Shadow line accents on both pcs.

Im not out for money at this point but as much as id hate to see it go, it needs to be put to use. As of now im putting it out there as a feeler for trade offers. I can get pics for those who are interested. Thanks for reading and happy shooting!

Bump, so i think i have a hankering for a springfeild 1911 EMP or a chiappa mini sharps if anyone wants to trade. Kind of a bad forum for big bore but ill give it another go. Thank