factory stock questions

zedheadmc

Howdy and Merry Christmas to all, I have a Savage 112BVSS with the factory laminated stock and a Savage 111F with the factory synthetic stock (can you tell that I like the long action Savages /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and I love them both. But I just wonder which stock wil hold up/perform better in cold wet weather? By the way these are my first rifles with stocks like this, thought I'd join the 21st centry. I hope this is the right forum to post this question in, sorry if it's not. Thanks.

Just Bob, In theory, either stock should work. Laminated stocks should be very stable if bedded correctly. Synthetic stocks vary so much in quality. If you have a good one, it should be better, but not always. Bedding can also be a big factor, and many synthetic stocks have a soft forearm that can touch the barrel in a inconsistent manner. Weight could also be a factor depending on your hunting style. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.