Extreme spread / Standard Deviation

Another thought...
You say that getting the action out of the stock is a chore. It's possible that your recoil lug isn't doing all of the work. Your magizine could be (inconsistantly) absorbing some of the recoil which could induce vertical stringing.
Coyoter

Actually, that has been suggested by a few of the locals at the range. Someone asked if it was pillar-bedded, and I didn't know, so I went home to take it out of the stock, as it had been a while. Takes me 5-10 minutes to get the thing out of the stock, *after* the screws are removed. And, no, it's not pillar bedded. The barrel is free-floated, w/ just a dab of bedding material about 1" in front of the recoil lug. It's getting to the point that it may be due for a pillar bedding job this summer, btwn rock chuck in the spring, and my (hopeful) trip back to western Nebraska in August or so.

Thanks,

Monte

does anybody shoot a 50 bmg and if so what is your SD and es ? im getting sd 23 and es 59 with good groups.i know the other calibers do better but im shooting 220 plus grains of powder can i get some credit for that ha ha.kind of like going up .5 grains in a 30-06. in a 50 bmg most go up alot more like 2 grains a pop it's still a small % of the powder charge,thanks,keith

Steve

I agree with you especially on the "MOLY" bullet problems some of the 1000 yard benchrest shooters have had in the past with the stuff..

I think he also has a problem with the chronagraph not reading consistant.

Just a thought.
Darryl Cassel

Amen...borrow a different chronograph

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.