Erik Cortina

Many of these shooters are in a special disapline,so much does not apply to us the avid hunter. I have a WR setting bench rest shooter friend,he never anneals.Gets hes use out of brass and tosses it,his brass gets very little use with all the tight tolerances hes using.To each his own.

I enjoy watching Cortina's videos. All those champion f-class shooters convinced me to quit neck sizing. Then after Shawn Carlock said he quit turning necks 20 years ago and Bryan Litz said in a video he doesn't turn necks if he's happy with a load, I quit doing that too. May even buy one of Cortina's EC brake/tuners for my 22-250...

I stopped neck turning about twenty years ago too. I still might use it for converting brass to a new caliber. In hopes of stopping the dreaded donut.

I really enjoy Erik's videos. He is on the highest level of shooting and reloading there is, so you have to understand that. He tests everything and does what works the best so he can compete with the best in F-Open. Having said that, his equipment and techniques may not be applicable to everyone and probably won't benefit most shooters and reloaders. A lot of his techniques and processes can help everyone though. Following everything and using everything he does will help you and it can't hurt you even if you're not able to get the full advantage of it. I also really enjoy his interviews with other top level shooters and I highly recommend listening to them if you get the chance. I don't do everything like Erik does, but I stay open minded and listen to what everyone has to say. Even if you don't agree with half of it, there's always something to learn from someone who is successful and has years of experience. Cortina's resume speaks for itself so I listen when he speaks and I take from it what I can and use what is applicable to me and my setup.

Love his videos but…..
Just remember, if you clean your rifles like he does or like other competitive shooters……it might screw you up……I recently watched his one cleaning videos and I thought I'd try it. He has a good ritual/program with barrel cleaning but with hunting the first round HAS to count. So with some competition shooting everyone needs to take into account that some get sighters and they know exactly how many rnds it takes to get their barrel fouled to be consistent. It's not just him either, there is a lot of barrel cleaning videos that can change things for the worst for some……been there, done that. Be careful and really think if some technics are applicable to you. I wasted lots of time and components with thinks that weren't applicable to my situation/style of shooting.

Love his videos but…..
Just remember, if you clean your rifles like he does or like other competitive shooters……it might screw you up……I recently watched his one cleaning videos and I thought I'd try it. He has a good ritual/program with barrel cleaning but with hunting the first round HAS to count. So with some competition shooting everyone needs to take into account that some get sighters and they know exactly how many rnds it takes to get their barrel fouled to be consistent. It's not just him either, there is a lot of barrel cleaning videos that can change things for the worst for some……been there, done that. Be careful and really think if some technics are applicable to you. I wasted lots of time and components with thinks that weren't applicable to my situation/style of shooting.
Do you shoot a few rounds to foul the barrel before you go hunting? If I understand you correctly it seems this would fix the issue you describe.

I discard his videos entirely and don't burn my time on them. While he might be handing out useful advice once in a while, it's not worth my time to sort out the wheat from the chaff and there's easily as much or more chaff and outright stover as there is grain.

I didn't start out discarding him entirely as a data source. He he earned that with his behavior. Skimming over the process from looking askance at his content to discarding it utterly: I saw his true colors as an irredeemable and blatant Dunning-Kruger case at the "Stop Neck Sizing" silliness and I utterly discarded him as a simple self-promoting shill as soon as he started hawking his tuner brakes in a reloading video rather than providing a single bit of useful and testable reloading information. Dunning-Kruger practitioner is just Dunning-Kruger practitioner. Self-shill is just a shill. Bad advice mixed with good advice is just bad advice. Advice mixed with marketing propaganda is just marketing propaganda.

I treat people that do paid reviews at all or that give glowing reviews to obviously and patently inferior products exactly the same as I treat Dunning-Kruger cases and self-shills. He and they have not just failed to earn the kind of trust he'd need for me to give a rat's fanny about anything he might have to say, he and they have behaved in a manner that erodes any trust I might be able to develop about his being in a position to pontificate on anything at all.

To give an example: I never see Orkan doing that kind of garbage and so when Orkan speaks I'll listen and then think critically about what he has to say and then accept or discard the information accordingly as it is dispassionately and intelligently (if sometimes impatiently to impertinently) delivered and he is not marketing at me when he provides information meant to be helpful. When someone like TiborasaurusRex speaks I immediately discard everything he has to say because (and I know this for a fact) he's just marketing at the viewer whenever he opens his mouth. When Erik speaks, he's just marketing at the watcher and when he's not blatant about doing it he's trying to assert street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort rather than to build street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort.

Orkan, please pardon me using you as an example as I have. You're one of the few people that lends themself well to being an example of the point I'm making.

Just took a note to discard all your posts lol. What a joke. Clearly you have problems. If he's not worth your time, then why bother to post your stupid rant? You clearly don't watch his content. Good luck, you prolly need it.

I liked Eric Cortina's video on stop neck sizing. I stopped necking sizing years ago. The reason being I mainly load to feed out of my magazine and didn't like feeling the extra bolt tension that happens with me neck sizing. So I either FL resize or bump the shoulders back.

Why would you get more bolt tension with neck sizing with a shoulder bump?
I've never noticed that.

I discard his videos entirely and don't burn my time on them. While he might be handing out useful advice once in a while, it's not worth my time to sort out the wheat from the chaff and there's easily as much or more chaff and outright stover as there is grain.

I didn't start out discarding him entirely as a data source. He he earned that with his behavior. Skimming over the process from looking askance at his content to discarding it utterly: I saw his true colors as an irredeemable and blatant Dunning-Kruger case at the "Stop Neck Sizing" silliness and I utterly discarded him as a simple self-promoting shill as soon as he started hawking his tuner brakes in a reloading video rather than providing a single bit of useful and testable reloading information. Dunning-Kruger practitioner is just Dunning-Kruger practitioner. Self-shill is just a shill. Bad advice mixed with good advice is just bad advice. Advice mixed with marketing propaganda is just marketing propaganda.

I treat people that do paid reviews at all or that give glowing reviews to obviously and patently inferior products exactly the same as I treat Dunning-Kruger cases and self-shills. He and they have not just failed to earn the kind of trust he'd need for me to give a rat's fanny about anything he might have to say, he and they have behaved in a manner that erodes any trust I might be able to develop about his being in a position to pontificate on anything at all.

To give an example: I never see Orkan doing that kind of garbage and so when Orkan speaks I'll listen and then think critically about what he has to say and then accept or discard the information accordingly as it is dispassionately and intelligently (if sometimes impatiently to impertinently) delivered and he is not marketing at me when he provides information meant to be helpful. When someone like TiborasaurusRex speaks I immediately discard everything he has to say because (and I know this for a fact) he's just marketing at the viewer whenever he opens his mouth. When Erik speaks, he's just marketing at the watcher and when he's not blatant about doing it he's trying to assert street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort rather than to build street cred to use in a subsequent marketing effort.

Orkan, please pardon me using you as an example as I have. You're one of the few people that lends themself well to being an example of the point I'm making.

Is this rant supposed to convince us that you're intelligent ?

It doesn't .... What it does is raise the question on why you have a bone-er for Eric Cortina

So what are you getting at? Are you suggesting Erik Cortina is full of it? Because he is selling (hawking) his tuner-brakes. How about all the video interviews he has provided with leaders of the F Class community? Shooters, gunsmiths, and machinists of the industry. Many a time he has said, " do what you want, but this is what works for me". A man just sharing his knowledge. I don't have a problem with the commercial/profit aspects of his posts. Hey, we live in a society where you have a choice to pay or pass. I just don't understand why you posted the negativity.
I agree, I'm not sure what his point was. So far I've seen nothing wrong in his videos and I'd expect him to not publicize every shooting secret he has but I have yet to see wrong information he puts out.

Love his videos but…..
Yeah, I can't get on board his cleaning regime. I am sure it works for his level of play, but I stopped cleaning my barrels years ago. That was a hard thing for this jarhead.

Why would you get more bolt tension with neck sizing with a shoulder bump?
I've never noticed that.
I haven't blacken out my cases to find out. I can only tell you that it happens so I bump shoulders. It's common and I don't see any decrease in accuracy while bumping shoulders.