• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Entry level O/U for divorce present

backyardsniper

So here's the deal. I recently got a couple of my buddies into shooting clays. We been having some backyard shoots and done a few trips to the local sporting clay range over the last year. One of the guys already has a shotgun but the other buddy has not bought one yet. Well he just learned the other day that he is getting a suprise divorce so as you can imagine he is feeling a bit down these days. Some of you may be able to relate to this situation.
Me and the other buddy have decided to buy him a shotgun to help cheer him up a bit. We're looking for an entry level O/U or something used at a reasonable price. Shoot me a PM and let me know what you have. Thanks

just stay away from Mossberg... crap guns and crap service. Won one at a DU banquet and had a terrible time with it.

I'd look at the CZ guns or a used red label

I shot SC's for years and used and liked 3 shotguns.
A Beretta 390 Gold Sporting..Auto won my class at the Ohio Cup with it. 83/100
A Browning Ultra Sporting O/U shoots great and dependable for years! I have carried it till the finish is worn off the receiver and still like it!
And last is my Kolar O/U with carrier barrel and sub-gauge tubes. It is almost perfect.. A target crunching Monster! I worked a part time job 3 years to buy it?
My divorce was a pain but I'm lots better off because of it! A back hand favor?

Last edited:
I had a TriStar 410 o/u. Surprisingly nice gun for the price. Came with every choke tube in a nice case with the wrench. Fit and finish were quite good.

I've got a 410 and 28 and man I love them. Super nice for a cheaper O/U I've killed pheasants with the 28 and even killed a turkey with the 410. I dont have to feel bad if they get scratched up. Great field guns. I shoot a camo cynergy for most of my shotgunning need though. I really like it!

I have an older beretta 686 in 20 ga. I bulged a barrel mearns hunting and had beretta fit a new set of barrels and ejectors about 5 years ago, probably less than 500 rounds down the new tubes. The wood has plenty of hunting character. Not sure what your price range is but would let it go for a good deal. Your a great friend by the way.

You might want to set a $$$ amount and let him pick the one that
fits best? I was shooting at Elk Creek Sporting Clays "Big Kahuna" shoot
When my first wife moved out. I came home and thought we had been robbed!
Until I found the note. I shot the second day of the shoot and still finished in the top 10 in my class.. One monkey don't run my circus!

Last edited:
I have a Beretta two barrel set 20/28 for sale for a good price if you are interested in a nice combo gun. I upgraded to a competition gun so I don't need this set anymore

Believe it or not, Yildiz sold by Academy is a very good entry level O/U. I used one for years and it did great. Mostly dove hunting. Gotta keep it clean and oiled. Upgraded to a Citori now and gave it to a mechanic that works w/ me for 20 yrs.. He shoots clays now and loves it.