• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Empty 8# Jug (IMR4831)

NOTE:

I just tried to ship an empty 8lb jug of RE26 to a LRH member who was looking for a properly labeled jug for his needs. Surprisingly enough, the Post Office REFUSED to accept the empty jug because of the label.

If you want to ship a jug you will need to find a large enough box and ship accordingly. A bit of a PITA but the PO wouldn't budge on the issue even though they readily acknowledge that the jug was empty. They never even suggested an overpack box but that would be the solution.

I shipped these to other folks before.

I put them in those lightweight plastic shipping bags that my wife is constantly getting clothes ship to her in.....lol

Makes USPS happy and add nearly no weight

M.

Last edited:
NOTE:

I just tried to ship an empty 8lb jug of RE26 to a LRH member who was looking for a properly labeled jug for his needs. Surprisingly enough, the Post Office REFUSED to accept the empty jug because of the label.

If you want to ship a jug you will need to find a large enough box and ship accordingly. A bit of a PITA but the PO wouldn't budge on the issue even though they readily acknowledge that the jug was empty. They never even suggested an overpack box but that would be the solution.
Another benefit of living in a small town. My Post Office is literally a 20' x 20' concrete block building and I have known my postmaster for 20 years. I don't think I'll have a problem.

Another benefit of living in a small town. My Post Office is literally a 20' x 20' concrete block building and I have known my postmaster for 20 years. I don't think I'll have a problem.

Agreed, we live in a rural township with less than 500 people. At my age I find less can definitely be more.

Thanks so much for your generosity with the Jug.

Recent Posts