Ellis Optics MK-7 4-16x50 FFP illuminated riflescope

ScottBerish

LongRangers,

I have received a production model of this scope, and have posted my impresssions on the blog.

The view through the Liberty Optic

While Ellis Optics doesn't have the history or cache of Nightforce, they do have a FFP scope ready for delivery for hundreds less, and of superb build quality, fit, finsh, and optical performance. It's always good to examine alternatives in today's marketplace. Feel free to drop me a line if I can be of assistance.

Scott

Very interesting, thanks for the review Scott. It'll be interesting to hear how the glass compares to the IOR--if even close it'll be impressive for the price. Another quality choice in that pricerange is a good thing. Gotta get those knobs fixed though. ;)

Scott,

Thanks for the assessment.

Every time I put my Weaver Tactical to my eye I wish I had another. This scope, after the improvements, sounds like a good replacement.

The Gen 2 ret. is a great feature.

Mils and mils would be good but if it were settable to 18X all problems would go away.

Roy,

I've looked through many a Weaver Tatical scope when they were available, the Ellis scope has way better glass, IMO.

Jon,

I have a couple return IOR 3-18x42, I'll compare them with the Ellis.

Scott

I Appreciate the research and posting onthe scope as well as your spotting scope comparison.
I have used the Leupold variable spotting scope since its first year (and I wear glasses) and I have really enjoyed.
Give me a field durable spotting scope with higher grade glass, the same eye relief, and field of view as the Leupy and it would get me excited:D

Looks like an interesting scope, especially the 6-24x version. Pretty expensive over a Falcon scope which can be had in FFP, although the glass isn't as good I'd bet.

Looks like an interesting scope, especially the 6-24x version. Pretty expensive over a Falcon scope which can be had in FFP, although the glass isn't as good I'd bet.

Two bona-fide long range training schools are working the scopes out in the next week and a half. We will have good field data by the end of next week.

The Ellis should be many times more rugged than any Falcon, but the proof is in the pudding.

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.