Eliminator III Saserscope-4-16x50mm question

V6 is not out yet. Currently in all the V3-V5 you must program through the scope menu. All versions are pretty close in weight, no heavier or larger than my Vortex III 6-36x56.

Download the PDF manual and you can see how they are programmed. Really very simple, and they do use altitude for your personal drop numbers.

I will purchase the V6 when it hits the store shelves, but currently I personally have not found one available.

At this point in time, I have never had any problems other than the glass isn't all that great in the V3 and V4. V5 is much better, and uses standard size AA batteries, easy to carry in the field. Batteries are simple to change, but you do have to have the tiny screwdriver to take off the plate, but the screws do not come loose so you don't have to worry about losing them.

Being the more casual shooter that I am, the Eliminator line I find helpful. Hardcore shooters will most likely not like the looks or the gadget type "look" of the scope. I find it nice not to switch from my rangefinder to the rifle. The rangefinder in my experience has always "worked" accurately confirming what my handheld rangefinder shows.

Is the ballistic calculator as good as using AB calculators? Probably not, but for me it's plenty good enough, and most likely plenty good enough for any game animals out to 800 which is as far as I would ever go for me.

It also gives you a 10 mph wind offset number in the upper righthand part of the scope, which when I used it, works pretty dang well.

I hope this helps, and as always all of this is in my very humble opinion. There are experts here who I am sure know WAY more about this stuff than I do. I enjoy these scopes they make me smile when I use them, they are fun, and that's the bottom line for me.

Bear shooting test I referred
would not be difficult
with Sako 85 Long Range 26"
rifle - no need for laser with this
distance, but remember the
distance you have used to adjust
your rifle i.e you may have to aim
a litlle bit lower.

You have to have with you the card
you get in the range
when hunting bears
- along with your gun license and
hunting license.

Practise to moving targets recommended
and using longer distances - although
it pays to practice short distances too.

would this scope be ok for long range hunting ?

ref:
"Built-In Laser Rangefinder
Laser range capability out to 1,200-plus yards
with reflective target,
750-plus yards with non-reflective target.
Automatic Trajectory Compensation
Push the button and a bright-red,
illuminated dot signifies your new aiming point.
Easy Programming
The Eliminator III comes with a programming
book, and there is a web site app
to help get the precise programming numbers
you need based on your elevation,
atmospheric condition, and cartridge of choice."

URL:
If you plan to use this for hunting, look at the regs for where you hunt bc these are legal in some states but not in others.

If you plan to use this for hunting, look at the regs for where you hunt bc these are legal in some states but not in others.
lens speed of Eliminator version 3/4/5 ?

how does this Burris scope
support bear hunting in
different light conditions ?

bear hunting starts in the middle
of the night, 20th of August every
year in Finland and to hit the target
faster lens is an asset -
also avoiding to shoot a wrong target

ref:

Unfortunately I don't think they don't publish an equivalent F-number for rifle scopes. Mainly because scopes and camera lenses are not rated the same way.

A transmission for a given magnification would be typical for a lab measurement for a rifle scope, but again I haven't seen most civilian scopes with this value published.

I might suggest an email or phone call to Burris customer support and pose the question to them. There is a chance they have measured the transmission, but commercial scopes don't have requirements like military scopes. So, don't be too disappointed if they have no data.

Failing there... What I would suggest, is to find a retailer who can let you step outside and take a look through one, side by side with a scope you are already familiar with so you can get an idea. I'm not familiar with the odds that there would be a stocking dealer near you with samples, so maybe the next big trade show?

The Version 5 scope is said to have better glass than the previous versions, so I would seek the latest models.

Personally, I tend to avoid higher magnification for low light or dark work with visible light scopes. That means getting in close enough to ID the game, and keeping the range within your capability. Where I reside we are allowed to hunt varmints at night using redlight but no NV or IR scopes are allowed. We tend to use lower power variables that can go down to 1X to 3X power in order to positively identify the game. Other states have different rules and some allow NV and IR scopes, but in the Americas I can't think of one that allows night hunting of what is considered a game animal. Wild and feral pigs tend to be considered pests. Night hunting tends to be a varmint sport here.

Good luck with your shopping, I also hate buying scopes without being able to see them in person up front, but sometimes we don't have a choice and must buy on blind faith. I'm sure you could always sell one if you don't like it.

Eliminator scope or binocular to search/identify game ?

pros & cons compared using binocular ?
&
safety issue ?
&
legal issue ?
&
is it illegal / not recommended
in any state/country
to use rifle scope to
search/identify game while hunting ?

has anybody in this forum been in the
situation that while using your binocular
to search game and survey landscape
you discover that there is another hunter
aiming you with his/her rifle scope
trying to figure out whether you are a
moose or bear or something to shoot ?

if that guy has the Eliminator scope
in his/her rifle would you discore red
laser dot pointed to you ?

I do not personally identify game using my Eliminator. I am always glassing with my binoculars. I do not have rangefinder binos. I have a Vortex 4000 for rangefinding. The Eliminator "eliminates" the need for come-up dialing.

Shooting ground squirrels off of a ditch-bank on my property is not an issue. The Eliminator works really well in that situation both on my WSM, and 204.

As always in my humble opinion, to those who know way more than I do. It's a fun scope. Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple solution.

Last edited:
I have one still. The glass sucks and at 700 yards you are shooting at 1/2 of the deer body because the reticle is a 1/2 inch thick…. Makes for a quick easy shot after your ballistics are correct. If they would get rid of the 1/2 acre reticle and 1960 glass think they would be a great scope. I think the 6 is coming out with a different reticle. Looks nice but I'm curious to see the glass

Last edited: