Elevation and Temperature Changes

Midwestguy92

I have a Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag and have it zeroed at 100 yds.

The zero was shot at an elevation of 1257 ft. with the temperature of 80 degrees F.

What should I expect the point of impact to be at my hunting destination with an elevation of 73 Ft. and a temperature of 50 degrees F?

As always, thank you for your input!

Hardly any different. For exact numbers would need to know the bullet, speed, weight, and BC.

But, if it was a 180 Accubond with a G1 BC of 507 doing 2950 fps. Pretty normal stuff. Put all of that into a ballistics calculator and it looks like, at the lower altitude it would be .2" lower at 100 yards and 1.14" lower at 500 yards.

The diffrence will be negligible at 100 yards now if you had a 300 yard zero I'd start thinking about it strongly. However I would always make time to check zero after traveling everytime..too many things can happen during transit even in a pelican case to effect your zero..and if your zero is off there isn't a program out there that can help you.

Jordan@406

But we used one for you first. Your welcome, sir. Maybe use your brain next time. Won't get far without it these days. Why even bother with a question like that....:rolleyes: Next time, please waste your time, not ours.

But we used one for you first. Your welcome, sir. Maybe use your brain next time. Won't get far without it these days. Why even bother with a question like that....:rolleyes: Next time, please waste your time, not ours.

Maybe he honestly didn't know how to go about solving this question. I don't mind pointing someone in a direction for the answer.

Maybe he honestly didn't know how to go about solving this question. I don't mind pointing someone in a direction for the answer.

Personally, I don't think so. From other posts, I see that it is easier to ask than spend ones time try to learn and then possibly contribute someday. Why spend your life/time figuring something out when you can just ask someone else and use up their time while you go off and relax?

Plus you might even actually spend a couple bucks on a good informative book on shooting for long range. Sounds like a great idea doesn't it? I would think that if I had the spare change for a guided river moose hunt in Alaska, I would be willing to spend a buck to learn more to help guarantee success. But, that's what the guide is for I guess. I pity the moose, in this situation.

Just my impression from some of the OP's other posts.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.