EGW one pc. Base?

MTGunner

Have been researching EGW one piece base, 81034,for my Sako A7 7MM magnum. I found this base on the EGW website for $69.99 and on Amazon for $30 less with free shipping. The base on Amazon appears to be the exact match. Can anyone help. MTG

According to EGW, they only make the HD version for the A-7 in 0 or 20 MOA. The TRG, standard or HD. So if it states A-7, it should be the same. I looked at Amazon and they were the same price but free shipping over $25.00. The Talley was $49.95.

That price seems too good to be true. I've been hearing of some pretty convincing fakes showing up on Amazon (not necessarily firearms related), so I've been hesitant to buy something that is discounted that heavily.

That said, I purchased the 20 MOA base directly from EGW for my Sako A7. So far I'm totally happy with it. Good luck!

That price almost makes me want to buy it and send it to egw to see if it's genuine or if they have a counterfeiting problem.

What Rhett Crider said. They have a regular and a HD version. I've used both and both work fine. Magnum rifles do have a bit of recoil which can be hard on softer metals so if it were me, I'd pony up a little extra and go with the HD model.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.