• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Eberlestock Packs.

gliechty

I have a question about the packs. I am looking to buy one for next year and I just spent a hour or so looking over the eberlestock packs. My 1st question is about the scabbard, does the weight of the pack press against your rifle? or is there a frame or something holding the weight off of the rifle?? I like the looks of the packs but the side scabbard looked more usefull to me. I was looking at the gunslinger and or the just one. Any additional information would help. Thanks

RH

[ QUOTE ]
does the weight of the pack press against your rifle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!

[ QUOTE ]
or is there a frame or something holding the weight off of the rifle??

[/ QUOTE ]

No!

If you pack the daypack full (gunslinger), the rifle is a bugger to get in or out.

I wrote my thoughts on the gunslinger here: http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...part=1&vc=1

...not wildly impressed (although some seem to like it).

I recommend the Phantom. It is similar to the Gunslinger but with some good changes and updates. It is quite well built and laid out. One of the best changes is the addition of large exterior pouches for water bottles and a large open pocket for the very useful and affordable Eberle ground cloth/shooting mat. I just used mine last weekend hunting and it was a major improvement over a drag bag improvement in terms of weight, comfort, and ease of use. The drag bags have more padding for transport in a car, but the Phantom is wonderful for field use. This dealer had it on my desk promptly at a great price. Recommended.

The phantom does have much more structure between the pack and the drag bag and the two seperate so you can carry one or the other or both. The drag bag (scabbard) is padded on the phantom. The just-one is much larger than either and the scabbard is on the side. Different pack for different uses.

I will be making an order on Friday for packs that I dont have in stock, so if anyone is interested, email for a price.

Jeffbird, I am happy you are enjoing the pack.

I've been using the "just one pack" for about 18 months now and think it is one of the best pieces of hunting gear I ever purchased. I started a thread on it awhile back that can probably be found on a search.

I tried the Badlands packs and they are more expensive and don't even have half the features of the Eberlestock packs.

With the internal frame of the just one, a fully loaded pack does not press against the rifle enough that you can feel the rifle digging into your back. It is very comfortable and I can pull the rifle from the scabbard easily with a full load in the meat sack. But then again, I'm a pretty thin hiker.

Recent Posts