Easy ES reduction & accuracy tip.

Huntnful

I know some, maybe even most guys on here may do this. BUT I know some may not, and it helps a bunch. By simply taking a power drill and an oversized nylon bore brush (.30 cal brush for .28 cal case), brush out the necks of your cases. I did two small batches, side by side, one with brushing one without.

Without Brushing the neck:
Chattery/unsmooth bullet insertion
30fps ES
1/2 MOA groups

With Brushing the neck:
Noticeably smooth and consistent bullet insertion
10fps ES
3/8 MOA groups

The tighter groups could just be happen stance, however I think they come with the more consistent overall round. But the reduction in ES and smooth bullet seating are a very apparent benefit. This is by far the easiest and what seems to be a very beneficial step to reloading. You can grab 10 cases at a time and brush them out in 15 seconds. Hopefully this helps somebody tighten things up a bit!!

I'm sure some people will say they get great ES and accuracy without doing this. But for a few minutes of time, I think it's a very important and EASY step.

I know some, maybe even most guys on here may do this. BUT I know some may not, and it helps a bunch. By simply taking a power drill and an oversized nylon bore brush (.30 cal brush for .28 cal case), brush out the necks of your cases. I did two small batches, side by side, one with brushing one without.

Without Brushing the neck:
Chattery/unsmooth bullet insertion
30fps ES
1/2 MOA groups

With Brushing the neck:
Noticeably smooth and consistent bullet insertion
10fps ES
3/8 MOA groups

The tighter groups could just be happen stance, however I think they come with the more consistent overall round. But the reduction in ES and smooth bullet seating are a very apparent benefit. This is by far the easiest and what seems to be a very beneficial step to reloading. You can grab 10 cases at a time and brush them out in 15 seconds. Hopefully this helps somebody tighten things up a bit!!

I'm sure some people will say they get great ES and accuracy without doing this. But for a few minutes of time, I think it's a very important and EASY step.
I do the same it seems to help. I even went so far as to steal media tumble my match grade bullets. It puts a very high polish on the bullets they almost feel like they have oil on them but that's a slight exaggeration.These two combined it really does make a difference I believe

The carbon in the case neck provides lubrication (fired cases). Using a nylon brush makes it more even when you brush. By hand works fine, you don't have to use a drill. If new brass, use graphite to give the cases a little help on the first firing.
Yep, this does work and helps make ES more consistent!đź‘Ť

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.