East Ridge Gun Company Rebel 50 BMG rifle

Mrvmax

Last year I got the itch for a 50 BMG, in the last two years I got access to a range where I can shoot 50 BMG. Noreen came out with their 50 BMG handgun and I was real close to buying it when I realized I could spend a little more and get a rifle that would be much more useful. So off I was to figure out which 50 BMG to buy.

I settled on the Rebel and ordered one last December from Larry Lyle. He told me there was about a 1 year wait due to issues with getting parts. I am a home based FFL and several years ago I got a transfer in that was one of his Big Bertha 50 cals. The laminate stock was beautiful and the guy that bought it shoots long range with it. He owned other 50 cal rifles and I contacted him to see what he thought of the Big Bertha. He said it shot great and was better than his Armalite so that helped me decide which one to buy. Semi's were out due to cost and also cost of ammo. I used an M-82 Barrett in the military and it was fun when I did not have to pay for the ammo. Even wholesale, the 50 ammo will cost me $3.50 a round with the cheapest ammo I can find (up to $7.50 for the Hornady A-Max).

Anyway, the rebel is coming in next week, I ordered it with a snow came laminate stock (it sounded good at the time). When I get it in I will take some pics and when I make it to the range I will add some more info on my thoughts on it.

Well here is the beast, all 58" and 44 pounds worth of 50 BMG goodness. I used Barrett Zero-Gap rings and a Trijicon Tensile 5-25x50 scope (I got it for free when I bought my Trijicon IR Hunter Thermal). Larry Lyle did an excellent job, unfortunately I will not be able to fire it until probably November, when I do I will update this.
tempImagew92y12.jpg