• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Early Winchester Model 9422M (.22 Magnum) rifle in excellent condition

Havingfun

(REDUCED PRICE) I am listing for a friend, a Winchester Model 9422M rifle (no box) which has been sitting in his Dad's closet for years.

My understanding is the .22 magnum versions of these rifles are somewhat hard to find.

Based on the serial number it appears to have been produced in 1974 and he believes it has had less than one box of .22 magnums put through it.

I had my local gunsmith check the bore and he said it looked great.

This vintage rifle is in exceptional condition for a used firearm. There are no discernable scratches, dings, or wear marks on the stock or the forearm.

I did notice under certain lighting that the blueing on one side of the action seems to have a little less lustre than the other side but it could very well be a manufacturing artifact. There aren't any obvious scratches or marks on any of the blueing throughout the rifle.

The only thing that I did notice is the the plastic butt plate seems to have a "white" coloration in some of the checkering. My guess is that it's just a function of old plastic. I tried to capture it in the pics.

Again, this is not being portrayed as a NIB rifle nor is it in LIKE NEW or MINT condition. But it is as close to that as any used rifle I've encountered.

Asking (was $1275) $1150 (OFFER) CONUS. Insurance is on the purchaser if you want it.

This rifle will be cross listed on other sites so the first public "I'll Take It" trumps all other conversations.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1049 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1049 Small.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1050 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1050 Small.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_1051 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1051 Small.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_1052 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1052 Small.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_1054 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1054 Small.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1055 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1055 Small.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1056 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1056 Small.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1057 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1057 Small.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1058 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1058 Small.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1060 Small.jpeg
    IMG_1060 Small.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Those are awesome and they takedown with only 1 screw, just like the standard 9422. That's a great rig ya got there, good luck

Yeah, this is one of the guns that helping friends sell that I am tempted to purchase for myself. I have three grandsons and would love to grab this for one of them but I can't afford to actually purchase everything I "want". This will be a keepsake for whomever purchases it for sure.

Wow! Have one in my safe,guess I'll have to get it out and look at it. Still have box for it and sales slip. Won't post it now but,it was nowhere near 1,275., Have also a .22 mag in a Ruger 1022 along with 44 mag Ruger semi-auto just love the old guns they are tack-drivers. Good Luck on your sale!

Wow! Have one in my safe,guess I'll have to get it out and look at it. Still have box for it and sales slip. Won't post it now but,it was nowhere near 1,275., Have also a .22 mag in a Ruger 1022 along with 44 mag Ruger semi-auto just love the old guns they are tack-drivers. Good Luck on your sale!
Yeah, add almost 50 years of inflation alone and recalculate what it would cost in today's $$. Not to mention how hard they are to find in condition of this one. I've seen them go for significantly more. My price is allowing for "no box" which is important to a collector. Not so much for a "shooter".