Drop Chart for Ballistic Turret

rcd2376

I have a scope with a ballistic turret that has been built for a 5000 elevation at 50 degrees. I sighted my rifle in dead on at 200 yards but the sight in elevation was 1000 feet and temp was 70 degrees. I am now going on a hunt at 3000 feet with an estimated temperature of 20 degrees. Is there a program out there that allows inputs for sight in location or do you just have to re-zero at any new location and make a conversion chart based based on that new location vs. the conditions the turret was built to? Any help would be appreciated. FYI- the validated load data is:

7 Rum, 180 gr Berger VLD, 3165fps, BC 0.660

Greetings,
Try a google search for JBM Ballistics JBM. or the G7 website. gseven - Ballistic Program

Not sure what they are with my phone but you can download one on a smartphone for a few bucks. Mine works just as
good as the website drop data. I can't see spending the money on a computer when the phone does pretty good for cheap $.

I have a scope with a ballistic turret that has been built for a 5000 elevation at 50 degrees. I sighted my rifle in dead on at 200 yards but the sight in elevation was 1000 feet and temp was 70 degrees. I am now going on a hunt at 3000 feet with an estimated temperature of 20 degrees. Is there a program out there that allows inputs for sight in location or do you just have to re-zero at any new location and make a conversion chart based based on that new location vs. the conditions the turret was built to? Any help would be appreciated. FYI- the validated load data is:

7 Rum, 180 gr Berger VLD, 3165fps, BC 0.660

Yes we offer multiple programs that can perform this. Using a Kestrel AB model with Bluetooth is your best bet. As these calculate density altitude. Which is what the bullet feels as it flies. However we have other programs as well AB on google play and iOS, AB Tactical, and a ballistics calculator on our website. Ballistics Calculator | Applied Ballistics, LLC

This program can build you a range card based on scenarios, however actually getting one of our programs that allow for real time data, will give you real time results. If you have any questions please ask or email me.

Applied Ballistics Support Staff
[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.